making friends

yukina pov

I made my first friend, I actually made a friend! Before, back at home I wasn't alowed to talk to other children as mother said they would slow down my training and make me weak, but I think that bonds are what make us strong.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss my home but I feel like I can have a better life hear in kohona.

"Yuki today we're going to decide who you stay with" gramps said to me as i was sitting on his lap, in his office, colouring in a unicorn that had a crown on it's head.

"Who will that be gramps?" I asked rather curiously.

"Bring him in" he told a random ambu that was near us.

Five minutes later the Ambu returned with a man id never seen before.

"Hello" I said cheerfully.

"Hi little one" he said with a soft smile before coughing.

"I'm yukina kori" I said with a smile.

"Um I'm hayate gekkko" he said kindly.

"Are you going to be my new papa" I asked hopefully and he glanced at the hokage.

"Hayate I was wondering of you would become a father figure to yukina" he asked with a little giggle.

"Id love to" I said a bit unsure.

Somebody wants me...
Somebody wants ME!
SOMEBODY WANTS ME!

I jumped of the hokages lap and attacked hayate into a hug.
At first he tensed but then relaxed and ruffled my hair.

"Come on let's go and get you some stuff for your room" he said offering me his hand. I took it happily and we left the hokages office.

"So kiddo, how'd you end up in kohona?" He asked curiously as we were walking to the shops.

"Well, many, many years ago..." I started to be interrupted.

"Three days ago" he corrected.

"You're killing the vibe" I whined making him apologise before i continued.

"As I was saying, many, many years ago there lived two clans, they married so they could give birth to the strongest shinobi in de world. Much to the clans displeasure the child was born female. Dun dun Dun!!!!! So the parents decided the child still could be the strongest if they trained her twice as hard and that's what they did. When the child was three they thought she hadn't made enough progress and disowned her" I finished with a soft smile that was hiding the tears I wanted to let fall.

Hayate rested his hand on my shoulder and gave me a sympathetic smile. He then looked as if he had an amazing idea.

"You know what makes me feel better when I'm sad?" He asked rhetorically.

"Um no..." I said slowly and in thought.

"Food" he stated smirking.

"Mom said what I cant eat unless it's meal time because it will mess up my training" I stated as if it was obvious and he gave me a funny look.

"Yukina... no offence but your mother is a bitc- I mean a very weird person" he stated and I nodded.

"Papa said that two I mean he legitimately said the exact same words and he wouldn't tell me what a bitc is... so hayate what is it"

Hayate replied with "a word you should never repeat and if you ever do repeat it tell them kakashi hatake taught you it" I nodded in reply and he asked

"So what do you want to eat?"

"But mom sai-"

"Your mom's not here though so she'll never know" he said smiling.

"Um I'm not sure, I don't know very many foods."

"YOU DONT KNOW MANY FOODS!" some little boy interrupted.

"What a drag..." the boy behind him stated boredly.

"I'm choji and hes shikamaru what's your name?"

"Yukina"

"Come on we're going to show you lots and lots of food!" He stated grabbing my arm. I looked to hayate for permission and he nodded but not before saying.

"Meet me back here in no more then two hours. I'll go get you some new things" I nodded as I got dragged away.

"So this is my favourite place of all. Time for barbeque!" he said as if he was in love with the building.

"What's that" I muttered to the lazy guy in the back.

"Food" he stated in an obvious tone.

As we entered the building the smell of heaven entered my nose and choji dragged me and lazy bum to a booth.

Choji ordered lots of food and by lots I mean LOTS.

"How are you going to pay for all That?" Lazy guy who's name I've already forgot asked.

"Shikamaru my amazing friend would you please lend me your allowance" he asked and shikamaru who rolled his eyes before pulling out some money and giving it to his foodaholic friend.

I picked up some meat on my chopsticks and put it into my mouth. This food was AMAZING!

"Good right?" Choji asked with a soft smile and I nodded.

"Its great" I said with a massive smile.

"Are you that girl that came to the village 3 days ago because her parents didn't want her" shikamaru asked And was punched in the shoulder by choji.

"You can't just ask someone That!" He stated.

"Yeah... I am" I interrupted.

"I bet that they didn't want you because you're so awesome and they're jealous of you" he replied lazily.

"Yeah shikamaru is probably right I mean he always is so what would make it any different this time."

'The fact he doesn't know the real story' I thought to myself but I just smiled and nodded at them.

"Are you guys starting the academy next year?" I asked hoping they would be.

"No we start the year after. What a drag Guess you're more advanced then us" shikamaru said sadly as if he was hoping he'd also be in my class.

"I hear the hyuuga prodigy is ment to be in your class" choji stated smiling brightly. I hope that's neji.