Lee?

Yuki pov:

I sat on the wall where Neji and I typically ate our rice balls, I watched as the clouds floated overhead, Neji was on the patch of grass a few metres away from me, he was training his byakugan, his movements were elegant and calm, beautiful even.

I was originally concentrated on the clouds but somewhere along the line, Neji became my primary focus, he just look perfect. Neji stopped, panting, before he turned in my direction, a light smile decorated his face for a moment as he started walking in my direction, he sat next to me on the wall and picked up his drink, taking a large gulp before wiping his mouth. "Any progress" I asked, knowing he's trying to expand his range. "About a millimetre" he muttered with a sigh and I nudged him with my elbow and said "And that could be the difference in life and death, it's one millimetre today, and another tomorrow" he smiled a little before nodding his head.

Suddenly a green blob came running in our direction Neji groaned and I laughed as I realised it was the infamous Rock Lee "Yukina" He yelled while he was out of breath, unusual for the super quick Lee, maybe he upgraded his new weights.

"Whats up?" I asked while I swung my legs backwards and looked at him curiously, he blushed and looked to the side before taking my hand in his and looking me dead I gulped for a moment, was I in trouble.

"I never realised how I felt for you before you left our team, and now nothing seems the same, I remember how elegantly you draw arrows in your bow, and how you cut your hair so I wasn't left out, you've never been anything but nice to me and it's admirable, Yukina Kori I love you Please be my youthful girlfriend"

I blinked.
My eyes drifted to Neji who was sat next to me, his knuckles were white with how hard he was grippingly his apple, I know I don't love him but where did this come from.

"Lee, you're a nice guy, really, and you're an amazing friend, but I'm sorry I'm not in love with you" I gently told him looking to the floor, I felt bad it takes courage to tell someone that you like them, courage that I myself couldn't build up.

"Oh thank youth!" Lee muttered holding his chest in relief and I felt a little offended before asking rather harshly "why bother asking if you aren't interested" he looked back at me shocked before placing a hand over his mouth. Neji and I exchanged a look of confusion before Neji raised his eyebrow at our green spandex friend.

"Lee, what exactly are you up to?" Neji asked standing up and Lee stumbled backwards a little before trying to explain himself. "Nothing! Nothing at all! Especially nothing un-youthful! Or anything youthful!" He said stumbling over his. Neji took a step before him and saying "not telling us is very un-youthful Gai-sensei would be very disappointed" he said shaking his head and Lees eyes filled with tears before he fell to the floor and said "it was Tentens idea! She said if I confessed in front of you it would help you realise your feelings for Yukina and she would come to terms with hers too! She wants you two to get together! I'm so sorry I don't want to be un-youthful!" Neji and I made eye contact before blushing madly.

"I don't need you to do that to know how I feel about Yukina" Neji said with a sigh without making eye contact with either of us and I couldn't help but wonder if he meant he loved me or not.

What are you thinking Neji...