For a Friend

Yukina POV

I sat infront of a grave as the wind whipped my hair backwards keeping it out of my eyes. I placed a single Lily at the foot of the stone as I traced obis name. Tears rolled from my eyes as I got up to leave, i have to meet my team soon.

I headed home to where I bumped into hayate. "Hey kid, how ya feeling?" he asked as he handed me a plate with a waffle, strawberries and blueberries.
"I'm fine thanks" I muttered in response as I shovelled food into my mouth.
"Congratulations on becoming chunin" he said as he ruffled my hair but I just stared at him in shock... my next match was against tadaki and I resigned... i didnt win the tournament to become chunin and in my one match I didnt show much strength so how...

"Damn it... from your reaction you hadnt been told yet... whoops ruined the suprise" he stated with a shrug before he placed another waffle on my plate.

"How did I pass?"
"The strategy you used against the hyuuga impressed everybody you showed you arent just strong but also intelligent, I knew you were gonna pass the moment you asked my to sign for you to go, but I guess you better head up to the hokage office"

After I finished my food I did what hayate said and went to the office where I received my vest and now I'm heading to meet team gai.

"Lee stop you're hurting yourself" I heard tentens voice yell.
"If I can not do this it shall be 10,000 pushups" I heard him answer and when I got into view I saw Lee hanging from a tree his leg tied around a branch with a rope and him trying to pull it off... I swear we ninja have Kunai.

"Congratulations on becoming chunin, there was no doubt you could do it"  spoke from behind be as he wrapped a chain around my check and fastened it... this is my necklace.
"Your chakra..." I muttered as I sensed him in the charm.
"You can use my chakra if yours is running low this way" he whispered in my ear, his hot breath hitting my neck, I blushed slightly and thanked him.

Time skip

"Yukina it's not fair!" Lee cried as he ran over to me and neji where we sat on a wall eating rice balls.
"What's wrong Lee?" I asked concerned, he didn't answer he just grabbed my hand and pulled me away, I shouted a quick bye to neji who smiled in return.
He took us into a forest where he sat on the floor and started telling me all about how every member of our team wears their hair up except him, I didn't understand what he wanted me to do, then he asked how he could grow his hair out quickly so that he can feel apart of the 3 of us with having his hair up. I felt bad that he couldn't be more confident in who he was so I took a kunai from my pocket and sliced my hair off. Lee gave me a look of shock.
"You're not the only one now" I said with a smile towards him. He gave me a hug and cried into my shirt, I felt my hair, it was a little shorter than I've ever wanted it, but Lee isn't alone anymore, although technically he never was, he had Gai- sending.

 He gave me a hug and cried into my shirt, I felt my hair, it was a little shorter than I've ever wanted it, but Lee isn't alone anymore, although technically he never was, he had Gai- sending

Having short hair isn't going to be a problem, if anything it will be more convenient for combat.

Sorry for the short chapter and how long it's been since I updated.