chunin exams?!

Yukina pov-

"Gai-sensei are you sure?" I asked unsure if I could do it without my normal team.
"Of course my beautiful blossom of youth, you're the only member of the team that I feel is ready to take these exams, the rest of our youthful squad may do it next year but I feel it's a waste to keep our youthful Princess back from becoming a chinin when the exams will be easy for you!" Gai-sensei exclaimed excitedly and I nodded to agree that I shall take part.

I'd been an official genin for approximately 3 months I'd completed 10 D-rank missions and 3 C-rank none of them were hard in the slightest I came out of every one without a scratch unlike the others well neji rarely got hurt but still he did so ha! Take that Mr I'm above everybody!

"But if the others don't take it who's my squad? It's basic knowledge that you can't enter the exams if you don't have a squad as round two is always a squad test" I said slightly panicked as I knew neji, lee and Tenten weren't taking the exams this time around they are next time but this time it's just me. At first I didn't want to take them without my team but gai-sensei told me that I'm already above chunin level and these exams will give me more confidence in my abilitys, I want to prove I'm not weak so I guess these exams can help.

"Don't worry my icy flower another squad had a member who recently lost her leg she's unable to continue being a ninja so they have an opening for you to join, don't work to well with them as they might steal your youth for their team!" Gai-sensei said in a fully jokey way well I hope. I mean I wouldn't mind joining a new team but id feel dead guilty about it. Gai handed me a form and I quickly signed it and he told me I need to take it to the academy in suna a week from now to be signed up, apparently I meet my team tomorrow at training ground three I have two days with them before we set out to suna he wants me to practice working with them to strengthen our 'youth'.

After our chat me and gai-sensei headed to meet up with my actual team we were 2 minutes and 13 seconds late but nobody seemed to notice but lee who oddly didn't mention it. Me and neji had to spar first, I was annoyed I had to spar him not because I hate him because I don't we're actually good friends it's more the fact he's good at close range and I'm better at long after all my weapon is a bow and arrow (I haven't seen a single fanfic with the of using a bow and arrow so I wanted to make this one different) I glanced down to my small tattoo on my wrist it was a simple black arrow twisted around like a bracelet just behind the arrow head were three circles they didn't hold any importance though, the arrow however was the key to summoning my beloved weapon.

I summoned my beautiful bow into my hand and my arrows appeared on my back instantly, the bow was an ice blue with a ruby red string snowflakes in black decorated the side's and the centre turned to dark blue gradually throughout the diamond bow. My bow was made of diamond which is unusual and expensive but hayate got it me for my birthday one year are I couldn't stop crying with happiness. My arrows weren't simple either they were made of titanium making them hard to break I could infuse my chakra with them easily making them faster and unbreakable, I have exploding arrows as well they come in very handy.

The moment I drew my bow neji knew it was over.

"Think she'll kill him?" I heard Tenten mutter to lee and I couldn't help but smirk at the reaction to my bow. I drew a normal arrow back and neji activated his byakugan I shot it towards him and he carefully pushed it out the way without touching the head, I then shot 10 more each one had another arrow in its shadow they held none of my chakra so it wasn't as easy for neji to see but I knew he could still see it, he can see everything.

The amount of arrows was too much for him to dodge without touching the head of the arrows and the moment the arrow head came in contact with his palm it drilled straight through and he let out a pained scream. I quickly put away my bow I didn't think it'd hit his hand I was going for the wrist.

I ran over to him as he pulled the arrow out pain was painted all over his features and I could see the hole going deep into his hand I cringed knowing I did that but I also felt proud as no chakra was infused.
"I'm sorry I didn't mean to hurt you" I muttered glaring at the Floor.
"Nice shot" he stated in return I looked at him shocked and he just smiled at me in return.
"With shots like that it's your destiny pass the chunin exams" he stated as he wrapped his hand in a bandage.

"H-how did you know?" I asked shocked I mean I hadn't told them I didn't intend to, not yet anyways.
"Sensei told us yesterday that he intends to send you to sunas chunin exams with another team apparently even if you went with us youd be on their team as only teams of three may enter" neji explained. I nodded in response still suprised that they knew.
"Neji we're getting your hand checked at hospital the rest of you may go home" gai-sensei stated as he stated walking away.

Sorry neji.