departure

Not a particularly long chapter but but particularly short either

"again I'm sorry about your hand" I muttered looking at the scar that remains from the healing of medical ninja.
"It's fine really" neji stated as he pushed his hair behind his ear, we were sat on top of the Fourth hokages face looking over the village and from here it's definitely a beautiful sight.

Neji and I had fallen asleep up here last night when I was telling him about my new team when I woke up he was sat up looking at the sky he noticed my awakening immediately and when I had woken up fully we started to talk about random stuff. The sun was rising now the time was 6:30 am the only reason I'm awake so early is because of the fact I'm sleeping in an unnatural habitat so I don't sleep for as long.

"You leave for the exams today right?" Neji asked as he flattered down my horrendous bed head which I'm grateful for.
"Yeah it's going to be super annoying and I don't have hyuuga eyes to make sure I'm not being followed or to check where enemy's are how annoying I wish you were coming" I muttered looking down at the tea place think 'yum food'.

"It's your destiny to go without me, it's the world's plan for you" he explained as though it was ment to make sense.
"Neji, if I make it to the final round-" I began before being cut off.
"Which you will"
"Promise to come and watch my final fight? " I asked shyly.
"Naturally" he said with a smirk, I threw my arms around him giving him a side hug.

Neji hyuuga is my best friend we've been best friends since that night.

Flash back:

A long haired boy was crying over a grave that was decorated with white roses, I was here to visit the past hokages to pay my respects for building and protecting the village that took me in and helped me start a new better life. I went over to the boy to find it was neji hyuuga his eyes were red and his nose was snotty but none the less I wrapped my arms around his body and pulled him into my chest.

I read the name upon the grave as he sobbed onto my shoulder, I instantly recognized the name as nejis father, this poor boy lost his father at such a young age, how terrible. "I'm here for you neji" I muttered as he wept like there's no tomorrow, when he'd finally stopped crying he told me how is father died in place of the clans head and I like him held anger towards the main branch but I also knew there must have been a reason.

Weeks later (from meeting at graveyard)

"Yukina, would you like to train with me?" A less livelier then before neji asked me to which I agreed and since that day we would spar together wether it was to let of steam, destroy our emotions, generally train or to just be together, from that day we become friends, partners and (slightly) rivals.

Flash back over

Neji walked me to the gate after I'd been home, showered and ate, my team weren't there yet so me and my best friend leaned against the wall and spoke about random stuff that, like we normally do.
Obi, Tadaki and Hana-sensei slowly started turning up and I noticed nejis smile slowly disappearing but I didn't think to much about it.

We were about to leave when neji pulled me into a hug, this was extremely unusual as I hug him not the other way around, he then whispered in my ear "in these exams, people die you better get back here alive" I smiled before answering with "I'll come back alive and when I do I can do your hair" he shook his head at my request but agreed none the less, he then let me go and me and my temporary team left.

Neji pov-

I watched her walk further and further into the distance until she no longer remained, she didn't look back not even once like she didn't need to because she knew she was returning back here. I stuffed my hands into my pockets to find her necklace one I've never seen her remove before it was a simple black chain with a black Cresent moon dangling from it, in the centre of the moon was a heart that glows dark blue, yukina stores her chakra in the necklace she says it's for a special justsu she's working on but that's all I know about it.

 I stuffed my hands into my pockets to find her necklace one I've never seen her remove before it was a simple black chain with a black Cresent moon dangling from it, in the centre of the moon was a heart that glows dark blue, yukina stores her ch...

The necklace was given to her by the third hokage on her fifth birthday, she never takes it off, the necklace is a promise of her return as she'd always come back for it.