Hurt

Scott had his head laying on Mitch's lap as he continued to cry. He didn't know how to feel at this point. He wanted to go home and see his parents, but he also really wanted the voices to go away.

Mitch sighed and combed his hand through Scott's hair gently, "It's okay, Scott." He whispered softly. "They're being mean." Scott cried sadly as he curled into a ball. "I know, but they can't hurt you, Scott. They don't have the right to tell you all those mean things." Mitch whispered.

Scott shook his head and pulled at his hair, "I want them to go away." He mumbled as he continued to cry. Mitch tried to get Scott to stop hurting himself, but the teenager was stronger than him. "Scott, stop it. You can't do this to youself." The doctor whispered.

"They're being mean. They keep being mean." Scott cried as he kept hurting himself. "Scott, don't hurt youself." Mitch said as he kept trying to stop the boy. "They won't stop." Scott cried. "I said enough! Stop hurting yourself, right now!" Mitch yelled angrily.

Mitch's anger soon turned into amazment as he watched Scott sit up and do as he was told to. Mitch sighed and knelt in front of Scott, "The voices aren't real, Scott. They will never be able to hurt you." He whispered. Scott shook his head sadly, "No, no, they are real." He argued. Mitch shook his head, "Get some rest, Scott." He whispered before laying the blonde down.

~~~

Scott laid on his bed with tears in his eyes as he watched Kevin look through the window with Mitch next to him explaining what happened. It took a male nurse to rush into the room and help Mitch before Scott stopped hurting himself, only after said nurse gave Scott something in a needle that made him relax.

After a few more minutes, Kevin walked into the room and knelt in front of Scott, "Scott, how are you feeling?" He asked. Scott sniffled and looked at him with tears in his eyes, "I want to talk to Dr. Grassi." He mumbled. Kevin sighed, "Scott, you just had a really bad panic attack." He tried. "Please?" Scott begged brokenly. Kevin sighed but nodded, "I'll go get him." He whispered softly.

Scott looked at Mitch sadly as he walked in. "They keep being mean." He said brokenly. Mitch sighed sadly and wiped Scott's tears away. "I know they are. Scott, believe me when I tell you that no employee in this hospital will ever let you hurt yourself. And no one will ever let anyone hurt you." He promised as Scott nodded.

"Okay." Scott whispered sadly. Mitch smiled slightly, "I have a meeting to go to, but when I get out I'll come check on you. Okay?" He offered softly. Scott nodded slowly, "Okay." He mumbled before Mitch stood up and walked away.

~~~

As Scott laid there waiting for anyone to come in, the door opened and a blonde woman walked inside. "Scott, how are you feeling?" She asked softly. Scott just shrugged and slowly backed away, not knowing who she was. "Don't be scared. I'm a nurse here. My name is Kirstie. Dr. Grassi sent me to keep an eye on you." She assured.

Scott nodded quietly and looked down at his knees. Kirstie walked up to him and sighed as she sat at the foot of his bed, I heard you really like to draw. Maybe we could do that until Doctor Grassi gets back." She offered. Scott nodded slowly and grabbed his sketchbook.