One

{Fake s.m}
📍Dallas, Texas
{Jacklyn}

"Excuse me, ma'am, could you please help me find room 243?" I ask the receptionist. She gives me a warm smile and tells me it's the 3rd door on my right when I turn. I smile back and thank her.

Today, I was applying to be a celebrities fake girlfriend. It's not because I want to but because I need to. I need the money for college.

"Jacklyn welcome." Andrew smiles down at me.

"Nice to meet you." We shake hands and sit.

"I've reviewed your forms and you seem perfect for the job. I have a new client that would be very beneficial for him to have a girlfriend." I nod. "Are you interested?" I nod again. "Alright then, please be at the airport today at 9pm, dress comfortably. We are all leaving for Toronto." He hands me a folder. "In there you will find your ticket and lanyard for Mr. Shawn Mendes' concert. You will need to wear it at all times when we are at the arenas or else they'll think you're a fan that sneaked in."

"Anything else I'll need to know?" I ask.

"Yes there's one last thing. Shawn isn't very keen on the idea of having a fake girlfriend so if he seems a bit mad it's because of this. But don't worry, I'm sure it will pass." A mad celebrity under pressure. Sounds great.

"Great! I'll see you in a couple of hours." I shake his hand and walk out.

-
The first thing I did as I got home to my small apartment was pack a few clothes and shoes. Inside the folder, there was a small piece of paper that told me I would only need to have common wear and that I would have a someone styling me.

Last thing I do is grab my backpack and hop onto my Uber.

-
The airport was crowded with screaming fans. Shawn must've been here already.

I look around and find a buff security guard coming my way. "Nice to meet you Jacklyn, I'm Joe and I'm your personal security guard. Well really Shawn's but I'm here to help you." I smile at him and shake his hand. "Andrew and Shawn are right this way." Joe leads me to a small area in the corner.

"Don't shake my hand." Shawn sternly says before I even get the chance to stick my hand out.

"Hug instead." Andrew smiles at me. I do just that to Shawn.

He hugs back. He gives really good hugs and he smells really good.

"Time to go guys." Andrew leads everyone to our gate.

"Hi! I'm Sarah, your stylist. It's very nice to meet you. Sorry Shawn isn't very warm at the moment. He's very cranky when he doesn't get his naps."

"I can hear you, you know." Shawn says with annoyance tied in his voice.

"I'm Jacklyn but you can call me Jackie." I shake her hand. "At least someone here wants to shake my hand." I hear a groan in the back. Sarah laughs.

My seat was next to Shawn so it might not be as pleasant.

"Just a heads up, I'm gonna be sleeping and my head might fall on you." I smile kindly and nod. He might be rude but I'm not gonna be.

20 minutes into the flight and just like he said, his head was on my shoulder. I decided that I was tired too so I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.

An hour later and I had woken up from my slumber. Shawn was obviously still asleep. He looked extremely peaceful. I think I prefer sleepy Shawn over salty Shawn.

My shoulder is tapped by a familiar face, Andrew.

"I'm sorry to ask you to do this but, could you wake him up in 30 minutes?" I nod sleepily and turn around to look at him.

30 minutes had passed and I softly nudged him. "Shawn," I whisper. "Wake up hun." He slowly opens his and and straightens himself up.

"What time is it?" He asks as he looks around.

"Close to 11." I check my phone. He leans back and sighs.

"Why did you wake me up this late?" Shawn rubs his eyes.

"Andrew asked me to, sorry." I lean back as well and get in my phone.

As I scroll through Instagram, I see that I am tagged on a bunch of pictures of Shawn and I at the airport and on the airplane. That's kinda weird that there's someone on this plane taking pictures of Shawn and I as we sleep.

Not only am I being tagged to pictures but I gained about 200 followers.

"Whatcha doing?" Shawn lazily asks. I stop scrolling and look up at him.

"Just checking my Instagram." I simply say.

"Gaining lots of followers?" I nod. "I suggest that you turn off your notifications since you'll be getting more followers and likes." I take his suggestion and turn them off.

"Shawn, I know you don't want me to pretend to be your girlfriend." He rolls his eyes and looks the other way.

"Yeah, what's your point?"

"What can I do to make you more comfortable?"

"Don't act controlling because you aren't my girlfriend and don't be mean to my fans if they're mean to you, alright?" I nod. "Now, I don't want to talk about this anymore." He turns on his side.

"Sorry." I turn off my phone and cross my arms over my chest.

"I didn't mean to sound rude." Shawn sighs and turns to me again. "Im under a lot of stress." I left out a light laugh and he notices. "It's true. As long as my fans are happy with this I'll be happy so let's just hope for the best." I nod.

"Ladies and Gentlemen the plane will be landing in a few minutes so buckle up."