Nine

{Fake s.m}
📍Dallas, Texas
{Jacklyn}

1 month later

Today, Jake had asked me if we could meet at his place. Over the past few days, I've been low key flirting with him. I know I know, it's wrong because I'm "dating" Shawn, but I was told that I could date whoever just keep it's super low key. Plus, I'm sure Shawn likes that Maddie girl we met a long time ago. I don't think he likes me.

Anyways, I slip on an old grey and red Texas Rangers shirt and some blue ripped jeans along with some white pumas and I was out the door.

Jakes house was at walking distance so I didn't take my car. Gas is super expensive right now so might as well save it.

"Jackie, you're here. Come with me out back." Jake pulled me through his house to the back yard.

"What's up Jake?"
"Look Jacklyn, I like you. Like, a lot and i wanted to tell you since the day you came back but then I found out about you and Shawn and I just decided to keep quiet. But I just can't hide them anymore. You make me melt when you smile bro. I really like you. Will you be my girlfriend?"

I was taken aback. I didn't really expect him to tell me this. I really do like him but he won't be able to experience a normal relationship. Everything will be hidden. And what if I have to appear with Shawn and say I'm his girlfriend and I love him and everything. Won't that hurt him? But on the other side, I really like him. Fuck it.

"Yes Jake! Yes." He leaned into me and kissed me. Oh you have no idea how long I've been waiting for this. Since 8th grade. "I will warn you though. This relationship will not be as normal and flashy as you may want it to be. So no posting pictures or kissing in public. And if you are gonna post pictures, my face cannot be included and you can't tag me or we'll both get in trouble."

"Yes ma'am!" He playfully salutes me before going in for another kiss.

{Fake s.m}
📍Los Angeles, California
{Shawn}

"That's it for today Shawn. You may go to the hotel or whatever but just make sure you rest that little voice of yours."
"Yes Teddy, I'll make sure."

I smile and wave and leave. I was so excited to get back to my hotel so I could call Jacklyn. I didn't realize that I would miss her this much. She was right.

~

Jacklyn:
Hello?

Shawn:
Jacklyn? Hey I meant to call you yesterday but I was super busy.

Jacklyn:
Oh yeah I um I was meaning to call you too.

Shawn:
For what?

Jacklyn:
There is no easy way to say this but I'm dating someone

Shawn:
You're what?! You know you're gonna get in trouble right?

Jacklyn:
Don't worry, I've already called Steph and your PR team and they said it's fine as long as I keep it hidden. Like really hidden or I'll get sued you know for violating our terms

Shawn:
Yeah I know what our contract says I had to read it too

Jacklyn:
Okay. I don't know why you have an annoying ass attitude with me. I thought you'd be happy with me

Shawn:
You know what Jacklyn I'll talk to you later

~

A boyfriend? Is it someone I know? No I only know Lizbeth and Jake.... could it be Jake? No plus, I don't really know the guy.

Why am I always the one to get my heart broken.

*ring ring*

~

Shawn:
Hello?

Maddie:
Shawn? Hi um, are you okay? You seem a little annoyed. Do you want me to call you later or?

Shawn:
No no no it's fine. I'm fine.

Maddie:
You sure?

Shawn:
No! You see I like this girl-

Maddie:
Wait I thought you had a girlfriend?

Shawn:
It's all PR. Anyways I actually started to like her you know like, like her like her but, she just called me to tell me she has a boyfriend

Maddie:
Is she allowed to do that?

Shawn:
Yeah but under some conditions

Maddie:
Oh Shawn. I'm so sorry. If you want, I'll fly down to LA and we can talk face to face. I was meaning to meet up with you remember?

Shawn:
I don't want to cause you any trouble

Maddie:
Oh it's no trouble at all. I'm here for you Shawn. Plus, I've always wanted to go to LA

Shawn:
Okay then. I'll see you here in a couple of days

Maddie:
Couple of days? No no no, if you need my company Shawn I'll be there by tomorrow which is what I'm gonna do.

Shawn:
Okay Maddie. I'll see you tomorrow then. Bye.

Maddie:
Bye Shawn!