Fourteen

{Fake s.m}
📍Dallas, Texas
{Jacklyn}

It's been a month or so, maybe less, since Shawn arrived. He so far met my parents, my sister, and Jake.

I thought it would've been more awkward but I wasn't. They ended up going to a bar and hanging out. Shawn told me they had fun and really connected so I'm assuming it went well.

But today we were going to New York. Shawn was gonna sign some papers for his album or something. I get to go shopping while he does that.

I was very excited to go. My friend Sarah lived there and I hadn't seen her in a while! Though I would miss my family and my friend AND Jake.

I had asked Steph if he could come with me to the airport and she said only if Lizbeth and my family came.

Sometimes I wish I wasn't in a fake relationship but it does pay the bills lol.

"You ready to go?" Shawn stands outside my door.
"Yeah, just have to slip on my shoes."
"Alright, an Uber is waiting for us outside, I'll start loading our things in."

I nod and smile.

I also wanted to go with Jake to the airport but Shawn's management thought it would be weird if he came alone and I came with a different guy. It would only add more problems to our situation.

As I leave, I grab my house keys and my phone.

Have I ever mentioned that Shawn is a baby deer. Ready to fall or trip at any moment. No? Well, as I walked down the stairs, I catch a glimpse of Shawn tripping and dropping his phone. After he stands up, he looks around to see if anyone saw him. He spots me and acts cool.

"So, I have two left legs huh?" The week before we had to leave for NY, Shawn and I went out dancing and let's just say one minute I was struttin' my stuff and the next I was on the floor. Instead of helping me he said I had two left legs.
"I don't know what you're talking about."
"Really? Let me see your phone then."
"No! I-I should I mean my privacy should be respected and-and I don't think showing you my phone is necessary."
"Okay then."

He turns around for just a second and I snatch his phone from his pocket.

"So, If you didn't trip, why's your phone cracked?"
"Fine. You got me, but don't tell anyone! Or I'll tell the whole world about your dancing incident."
"You wouldn't."
"Oh, you bet your ass I would."
"Well Mendes, an eye for an eye if you do."
"Bet."
"Bet!"

I narrow my eyes at him and he does the same. It took us 5 seconds to break and burst out into laughter.

"We have to get going if we want to catch our flight."
"Will Andrew be there?"
"Yeah but he won't pick us up."
"Cool, then let's go."

My apartment was located near the DFW airport so it didn't take long to arrive. On our way there, we actually had sort of a 'Carpool Karaoke' and it was fun. It almost made me forget that Shawn almost got us both sued.

As we pulled up to the airport, I looked out the tinted window and noticed there were WAY more people waiting out than expected. Dallas is usually calm. Not a lot of people come to see celebrities so this was shocking.

"Cool, you know the drill, hold my hand and smile. If the fans want pictures, they'll get pictures."
"Jacklyn, I know, I've done this before."
"Amateur please, I'm the expert here sweetheart, now your job is to sit still and look pretty."
"Alright, I guess I forgot you're my pimp." I wink at him and step out the car. Behind us was Jake, Lizbeth and my parents getting out the car.

"Oh mija I'm gonna miss you."
"Me too mom y dad."
"Ana dile bye a tu hermana por favor."
(Ana, tell your sister bye please)

My sister rolls her eyes and hugs me.

"Bye ugly."
"Bye fea."
(Bye ugly)

We were both CLEARLY kidding but my mom never sees it that way so she gives us a mean look that quickly dissolves into a smile.

Lizbeth walks over to me next and hugs me goodbye.

"Now Shawn, you take good care of my daughter here."
"Yes ma'am, I'll make sure she doesn't get shot or something."
"Don't play like that young man."
"I'm joking please."

Finally, Jake walks over to me with a sad yet happy face.

"Don't miss me too much."
"Miss Black don't get too cocky."
"I'm gonna really miss you my dear."
"I know. I'm gonna miss you too. But hey look," he pulls out a small locket with a picture of me.
"What are we? In middle school?"
"You don't like it?"
"No I do, I was just kidding."
"Okay good cuz I got you one too." Jake pulls out a small box with another silver locket.
"I love it."

Jake helps me slip on the necklace fast so no one sees us.

"Um not to be a buzz kill or anything but we really have to go."
"Right. Sorry. Bye you guys!"

I hug everyone again. I didn't really care if we missed our flight. I was really gonna miss everyone.

"You're really close to your family huh?"
"Yeah, they're the most important thing in my life man."
"I know how that feels. But no time to be in our feels, there's a bunch of fans in there expecting a picture and that's what they will get."