Eleven

{Fake s.m}
📍Los Angeles, California
{Shawn}

After Jacklyns little phone call, another phone call from Andrew followed. He basically said that I had to clear things up. What's the fastest way to clear things up to the public?

Twitter.

Shawn Mendes
@shawnmendes:

Just wanted to tell you guys that Jacklyn and I are still dating and the girl you have been seeing is my very good friend Maddie :)

Hopefully that'll do.

"This song is very beautiful Shawn." I turn around to find Maddie with my notebook in her hands. Normally I would be annoyed because it's personal stuff but I just don't feel that way around Maddie.

"What song is it?"
"It says 'Because I Had You' at the top. Who's it for?" It was for Jacklyn but I just won't tell her that.
"It's not really for anyone. Geoff and Andrew wanted me to make a break up song so I wrote this one."
"Are you sure? It looks very thought out."
"Took days to write it. I had to put in detail that's why it's thought out."
"Oh. Anyways, what do you have planned for today?"
"Nothing much. I just have to record one last song and then I'm here for a few more days."
"Then you go back to Canada?"
"No. I have to meet Jacklyn in Dallas. Then we have to go to New York to finalize album stuff and then we come back for the AMA's."
"Busy schedule huh?"
"Tell me about it."
"How about we go out for pizza. To get your mind off stuff, yeah?"
"You know what, let's do it."
"Okay. I'll meet you back here in a few minutes."

Soon enough, Maddie leaves to her hotel room. I change from my sweats into a white shirt that I tuck into some black jeans and I'm done.

In no more than 15 minutes, Madds runs into my room.

"Let's go!"

In LA, it's not that hard to find a pizza place. So walking right out the door, a pizza place was just around the corner.

We both ordered our own pizza. I ordered a Hawaiian and she ordered a pepperoni pizza. Obviously we both argued whether pineapple should be on pizza or not. I don't think pineapple is that bad. I mean sweet and savory, who doesn't want that?

After we ate all that pizza, Maddie and I decided that we were still hungry. So we went for ice cream.

Through the whole day, I spent it all laughing and just feeling happy. I was feeling better about myself after the news that Jacklyn decided to lay on me.

"You know what Maddie?"
"Oh no don't tell me I spilled some ice cream on me." She frantically looked down at her clean white shirt looking for a brown stain.
"No no no, I um, I just want to tell you that this is the happiest I've been in a while. I have only you to thank."
"Aw Shawn. This has been the happiest I've been too."
"So it's not weird if I were to ask you if you wanted to be my girlfriend?"
"Are you kidding? I'd love to be!"

She wraps her arms around me.

In that moment, I felt a flash on me and I knew I fucked up. Obviously not the relationship part but showing affection in public.

"Hey Maddie,"
"Yeah."
"I think we should leave."
"Why? No let's stay."
"This relationship is supposed to be kept in secret since I'm in a fake relationship and someone just took a picture of us."
"Oh it's just us hugging. It's not like they'll take a picture of this." She leans in without a warning and kisses me.
"What are you doing?!"
"What you don't want me to kiss you?"
"No I do but we can't do this in public, I could get in serious trouble."
"I'm sorry, I think we do need to leave."

As we were standing up, getting ready to leave, I get a call. I hope, no pray to God it's not Andrew because I know he's gonna chew my ass.

I slowly looked down to my phone, which read 'Andrew'