Twelve

{Fake s.m}
📍Los Angeles, California
{Shawn}

~

Andrew:
Mendes you are in so much trouble I can't even describe how big and expensive this lawsuit is about to be. Oh my God, I think I'm having a heart attack! You better get your ass into my office right now or God help you!

Shawn:
Andrew ple-

Andrew:
I don't want to hear you anymore. Get.Here.Quick

Shawn:
Yes sir

~

"I'm sorry Shawn."
"I need to leave. I'm sorry for leaving you."
"No it's fine. I'll see you later."

I quickly stand up and run to the nearest taxi.

Arriving to Universal Music, Andrew was waiting for me with arms crossed over his chest. "Get in there NOW!"

I follow orders and walk up those stairs and into a meeting room full of people staring me down.

"Please sit down Shawn." A woman in a black suit and high black ponytail points at a chair across the table from her. "Do you know why you are here?"

I take a whole deep breath and nod.
"Okay then you know the seriousness of this topic."
"Yes ma'am and I would like to apologize. I was caught off guard. Plus, I don't really want to bring her into this but, Jacklyn has a boyfriend too and I don't see you guys calling her out."
"Shawn, first, she doesn't flaunt her relationship like you did. Second, we were meaning to talk to you about her. We talked to her the other day asking if you guys have talked at all and she mentioned a little problem that will definitely not fly with us and that is you ignoring her. We understand that you may not be happy about this but this little stunt you are pulling on us is not funny or something that will be tolerated."
"So what do you want me to do? What can I do to make this better?"
"You could post about her, talk to her, clear things up AGAIN. Are you done with your album?"

I look over at Andrew. I am done with it but I don't know if we are ready to say that we are. Teddy still might pull me into the studio.

"Mrs. Jackson I would like to say that we are but theoretically we aren't."
"Andrew please explain."
"Well there might be some changes we might want to do."
"You have two days, do you hear me, two days to finish this album then you're off to Dallas to FLAUNT the ONLY relationship that matters. We are talking about a 3.8 million lawsuit we will be facing if you do not comply with your contract."

Andrew looks at me concerned.

"Yes ma'am."
"Now get out of this room. I have another person waiting outside."

Both Andrew and I practically run out of the tension filled room.

"I have to call Teddy."
"Andrew, to be 100% honest with you, I'm confident in the album."
"I still need to talk to Teddy to see if the album in general is done."
"Okay. So, do I go back to my hotel?"
"Yes, go back to your hotel and pack because I do not want to get into Mrs. Lana Jackson's bad side again."
"Where am I going?"
"I guess I wasn't obvious enough, you're going to Texas to fix this mess."
"But Maddie.."
"Forget that girl right now. Jacklyn is the only important girl in your life at this moment."
"Okay. Will you be coming with me?"
"No. I have to stay here and finish some things up. Now hurry and good luck."

I get into the nearest cab again and I am taken back to my hotel.

I really don't want to face Jacklyn at this time. I don't know if she'll yell at me, ignore me or just act completely oblivious to this whole subject.

"There you are Shawn."
"Hey Maddie. Look I need to go to Texas."
"I thought you said you would leave in a few days."
"Andrew decided to change that and has told me to go today."
"Oh but can't you stay a little longer?"
"I wish I could hun. I'm sorry about this."
"It's fine. I'll just go back to Canada."
"I'm sorry. But please text me when you get back."
"Will do."

After waving goodbye to Maddie, I run into my room to start packing.

It didn't take long and in no time, I was at the airport buying my ticket.

"Hey you're Shawn Mendes. I love your music, do you mind if I take a picture?"
"Not at all."

I grab the boys phone and snap a picture.

"Thank you so much!" He smiles and leaves.

"Flight 18 to Dallas, Texas is now boarding."

I make my way to the gate and hand the lady my ticket.

"Have a safe flight."
"Thank you."

Once I get all settled in, I take out my phone and post a picture of Jacklyn and I to Instagram.

@ShawnMendes
tagged @JacklynBlack

Liked by CamilaCabello, Shawnswaffles, Lizbeth

Liked by CamilaCabello, Shawnswaffles, Lizbeth.Marie and 5,637,837 others

ShawnMendes:
Can't wait to see you again my love ❤️

Load 3,482,572 comments

@username: wait a second! Weren't you kissing another girl in LA?!

@username: follow back please!

@username: this is so cute

@username: they deserve each other ❤️

@username: cheater

@username: So did you really kiss that other girl?

@username: I'm a little disappointed not gonna lie Shawn

@username: 🖤