Twenty-Three

{Fake s.m}
📍Los Angeles, California
{Jacklyn}

The next day, I woke up at 8. Sarah and I went out for breakfast and I came back to get my things and leave.

By then it was 10.

Joe was waiting for me outside.

"Morning dear."
"Morning Joe."
"You excited? Last day of this horrible stunt."
"I feel good. Believe it or not, I'll miss Shawn. I'll miss you too, but Shawn I'll miss the most. He understood my sarcasm and jokes the most."
"I'm sure he'll miss you too dear."

Outside the hotel, two black cars were parked in front. I just knew that was Lana Jackson.

Walking into the hotel, I saw people sitting on the couch. Shawn pulled a chair next to him.

"Hello Jacklyn, you already know me but let me introduce myself once again. My name is Lana Jackson and I run this stunt, today we are here ladies and gentlemen to end this relationship officially. I know it hasn't been easy or fun, especially on Shawn. I heard from a few people that you weren't too keen on this idea and we had a problem last night." Mrs. Jackson pulls out a few papers and pens.
"Here you go Shawn and here you go Jacklyn. Now this piece of paper just states that this relationship is over, Jacklyn will get payed 45 thousand dollars and Shawn gets more promotion on his album. Nothing sketchy."

I look over at Shawn who was focused on his contract and on Lana. He never gave me a glance.

"Please sign here guys, and here, and here." I sign the piece of paper as fast as possible.

"Is that it?" Shawn asks.

"Yes, you guys may go." I stand quick to catch Shawn before he leaves.

"I don't want to talk to you."
"And I don't want to talk to you either but I just thought you'd want to know Jake broke up with me when I told him about us."

He stops to look at me for a second with a sincere look in his eyes.

Before he can say a word, I walk out of the hotel. I didn't bring much to LA. Everything I had really brought with me was a bag and my back pack. They were all in the car with Joe.

"How did it go?"
"Good. I'm finally free I guess."
"Are you staying in LA for long?"
"No, I was actually gonna ask you if you could take me to the airport. I'm just gonna go home."
"Okay, it's been a pleasure protecting you Jackie."
"Joe, it's been a pleasure for me as well. I'm very grateful for you."

{Fake s.m}
📍Los Angeles, California
{Shawn}

I just stood there in the hallway after she left. I don't know I kind of expected for her to return.

I felt so terrible after yelling at her and saying she didn't matter. The truth is, I'm gonna miss her after this.

~

Shawn:
Jacklyn we need to talk. Please come back to the hotel. Or call me
Read at 11:30pm

~

I just know she's pissed.

"Shawn, since this ended, we need to get you on interviews. Lana just set up an interview with James Corden for tomorrow and I know I know there's limited time for us to gat ready but we need the exposure. Also, you need to release the album in two weeks or so before the breakup stories die down."

{Fake s.m}
📍Dallas, Texas
{Jacklyn}

"What happened hun?" Lizbeth ran over to me and gave me a hug.
"Shawn was just being a dick. But I'm free now! This stunt is over, finally!"
"Over? I thought you guys still had 4 more months."
"Yeah but Andrew and Lana thought it would give Shawn more attention."

*ding*

I look down to my phone and it's a notification from Shawn's twitter. He had retweeted James Cordens tweet. I click on the notif and see the tweet.

James Corden:
Tune in February 1st! @ShanwnMendes will be with us discussing relationships and his new album!

I roll my eyes.

"And so it has begun, look."
"Wanna bet $20 he's gonna fake cry or something."
"He won't."
"You wanna bet though."
"You got yourself a bet Lizbeth Marie!"