Eight

{Fake s.m}
📍Dallas, Texas
{Jacklyn}

"Y tu donde estabas?"
(And where were you?)
"Ma, no me regañes. Es que estoy en un trabajo nuevo y tenía que irme ese mismo día pero y no tenía tiempo para llamarles. Perdón."
(Mom don't yell at me. I got this new job where i had to leave that day and i had no time to call y'all. I'm sorry)
"Ay mija! Ven sit down. Hice mole."
"Mom I'm so sorry pero les prometí a mis amigos que cuando llegará, iba a comer con ellos."
(Mom I'm so sorry but I promised my friends I would go out to eat with them once I got here)
"Okay pues, Pero no te tardes."
(Okay but hurry back)

I'm quite surprised that I didn't get yelled at so much.

With their permission, I ran to my room and changed into something else. Though I do have my own apartment, I still have clothes here just in case.

Before leaving, I took a picture and posted it on Instagram.

@JacklynBlack
📍Dallas, Texas

Liked by Jackieblack, CamilaCabello, ShawnMendes and 126,729 others

JacklynBlack:
Home sweet home 🏡

Load 152,718 comments

@username: I NEED to know where you got this outfit
@JacklynBlack liked this comment

@username: wow wow wow😍

@shawnmendes: am I lucky or what?
@JacklynBlack liked this comment

@username: ^ yes Shawn you are

@username: this a lil ugly

@username: please, I could do better

I grabbed my purse and keys and drove to Lizbeth's loft. I was supposed to pick her and Jake up instead of  them driving themselves but no, IM always their designated driver.

"Finally!"
"Lizbeth! Get in here I'm hungry!"

Both Jake and Liz jump in, with Lizbeth sitting in the passenger seat and Jake in the back.

We all ended up deciding on going to this little Italian restaurant.

"So, Jackie, I didn't know you were dating famous Shawn Mendes" Jake puts his hands up as he says Shawn's name.
"I'm not supposed to tell you this but it's all fake. It's all PR."
"If you weren't supposed to tell me, why did you?"
"I trust you." I look at him dead in the eye.
"So theoretically, if someone was to ask you out, would you be able to say yes since you're really not dating Shawn?"
"Theoretically, Yes. Only I'd have to keep it very low key. Almost to the point where we wouldn't be able to hug in public or even hang out. Everything is indoors."
"So what if you accidentally exposed yourself?"
"I could get sued and a bunch of other boring legal stuff. Why the question?"
"Oh nothing. It'll all very interesting to me."

I look over at Lizbeth and raise an eyebrow. She looks back at me and shrugs.

"Here is your water, lemonade, and sprite. Your food will be here shortly."
"Thank you."

I smile at the waitress.

"Wait. Omg you're Jacklyn Black! You and Shawn are so cute! Can I um omg can I get a picture?"
"Sure hun."
"My friends are NEVER gonna believe this. Okay, I'll leave you guys alone now. Breath Sandra breath."

Lizbeth and Jake look at me amazed.

"I did not expect that. I mean I'm just Shawn's 'girlfriend' you know?"
"Girl who cares, you're famous!"
"But how? Lmao I'm Jacob Citrus."
"Oof please don't mention his name here. This is a sacred place."

Our food soon arrived and it looked and smelled oh so heavenly.

*ring ring*

I look down at my phone and to my surprise, it was Shawn.

"Please, PLEASE put him on speaker."
"No, I don't want everyone to hear."
"Aw but I wanted to listen."
"Then get closer."

~

Jacklyn:
Hello?

Shawn: Jackie?

Jacklyn:
I told you you'd miss me! Can even go a day without me huh?

Shawn:
You wish Jacklyn! I just wanted to call you and tell you that I will be coming to Dallas. Just not anytime soon. Turns out, Teddy wants new songs so I will be staying here for almost 3 months maybe. If I'm lucky less.

Jacklyn:
Oh um, don't worry about it. I'll wait and then when you get here, I'll take you to this lake so I can drown you.

Shawn:
Obviously not before you take me to the zoo so I can push you into the Lion pen.

Jacklyn:
Ha ha very funny.

Shawn:
What are you doing anyways?

Jacklyn:
I'm eating lunch with Lizbeth and Jake.

Shawn:
Jake huh? I haven't met him yet. Bet he's as funny and Lizbeth and You.

Jacklyn:
Yeah he is. Only I'm the funniest obviously.

Shawn:
Keep dreaming honey. We all know I'm the funniest around these parts of town. Anyways, I have to go. Andrew gave me a few minutes to relax and now he wants me back into the room. But I'll text you later. Bye!

Jacklyn:
Bye loser.

~

"Aw, you guys are so cute."
"Cute? Oh please! Lizbeth, you're making me laugh."
"Are you sure this is all fake?"
"Yes. Plus, I have my eye on someone else."
"Who?"
"I'm not telling you. Now please, let's eat."