Twenty-Four

{Fake s.m}
📍Los Angeles, California
{Shawn}

"You guys could've given me more time I mean!"
"I'm so sorry James."
"No it's fine, I'm honored you picked me to announce this break up."
"You're welcome, I guess. Shawn you ready?"

I walk out from my dressing room over to James to shake his hand.

"I'm so sorry to hear about this. You guys were America's favorite couple."
"Yeah, it hurts but what's done is done."

I smile and pretend to be sad. Kind of. I really was sad because I messed this up. I really liked this girl and I said so many mean things to her.

"Ladies and gentlemen, Shawn Mendes!"

I walk out once more, smile and wave at the crowd.

"Hello."
"Welcome back Shawn, last time we talked about relationships, Camila Cabello was here."
"Right."
"You guys denied dating rumors, no relationship there but you had one with Jacklyn Black, and I say had because you two broke up, tell us about that."
"Yeah, after a few months being together we just decided to go our separate ways."
"And why is that?"
"I guess we wanted different things."
"Would you say you two were in love?"

I think back at our time for just a second and my eyes start to water a little. God I was an idiot!

"Sorry, I'm tearing up over here, ha. Um, Love huh? Yeah I guess so."
"You said you two wanted different things, is that the reason or did you guys just fall out of love?"
"No, I don't think we ever fell out. I still love her very much and I'm guessing she loves me as well. But like I said we both wanted different things."

I look out into the audience where Andrew was sitting and giving me a discreet thumbs up.

"So let's talk album. When is it coming out?"
"Very soon!"
"How soon though, if you can tell us."
"Soon as in May 25th soon."
"There you have it ladies and gentlemen, Shawn Mendes' third album coming out May 25th, we'll be back with much more!"

{Fake s.m}
📍Dallas, Texas 
{Jacklyn}
1 week later

Today was February 1st. Which meant Shawn's interview with James Corden was coming out today. Now you may be asking, Jacklyn, will you be staying up to watch the interview? You bet your ass I will. I have a bet with Lizbeth and I want to hear the lies he says.

*ding ding*

~

Lizbeth:
Are you gonna stay up and watch his interview?

Jacklyn:
Yeah, I'm trynna catch a liar

Lizbeth:
If he lies, are you gonna call him out?

Jacklyn:
Publicly? No. But I will text him or call him

Lizbeth:
Okay girl, I'm here if you need me :)

~

"How we doing tonight guys?!"

James comes out with a very poppy personality. I really just want to know how he does it every night.

"Shall we see who's our guest tonight?" The crowd yells. "In the blue room, we have a singer songwriter, ladies and gentlemen, Shawn Mendes!"

His big head pops out from his dressing room to greet James.

"Hello James."
"How we doing tonight Shawn?"
"I'm doing great, really excited to be here!"
"And were really excited to have you here, as kids these days would say, we're ready for the tea."

Shawn does his little laugh before James moves on to the next guest.

While James Corden talks and makes jokes, I stand from my couch to get a cold water bottle.

Suddenly, Shawn's voice booms across my ape apartment.

*ding ding*

I look down at my phone and see that I got a message from Shawn. Instead of unlocking my phone, I turn it off and put it aside.

*ding ding*

Again, another text from Shawn. This time, I grab my phone and open it.

~

Shawn:
I'm sorry.
Read at 11:13pm

Shawn:
Jacklyn please answer me, we need to talk
Read at 11:14pm

~

I roll my eyes and place my phone down again.

"Ladies and gentlemen, Shawn Mendes!"

This better be good.

"Last time you were here, talking about relationships, Camila Cabello was here."

*ding ding*

It's most likely Shawn and I'm gonna ignore it.

"Would you say you two were in love?"

I swear he better not say we were.

Shawn looks out into the crowd then back at James, then to the ground, then back at James while squinting his eyes.

"Sorry, I'm tearing up over here, ha." Okay so I owe Lizbeth 20 dollars. "Um, Love huh? Yeah I guess so."

WHAT DID HE SAY?!