Thirteen

{Fake s.m}
📍Dallas, Texas
{Jacklyn}

Shawn was coming to Dallas today. I didn't expect him to until I got a call from Andrew. Deep in my heart, it low key hurt that he kissed another girl but I am being a hypocrite since I'm with someone else as well.

Anyways, at the moment, I was standing outside his gate along with a few girls that somehow found out he was coming today and at this time.

When I got here they were waiting and then they saw me and asked for pictures. Now we were all just sitting and waiting.

"Shawn welcome to Dallas! Can I be the first to take a picture?"
"Shawn I love you!"

It wasn't many girls. Only 5 girls lined up and took out their phones.

"Hey girls." Shawn smiled at them and took a picture. "Alright, I have to go to my beautiful girlfriend. I'll see you guys later."

I put on a fake smile and hug Shawn.

"What happened Shawn?"
"I know you know what happened."
"Yeah but why did you do that in public? I can get sued too Shawn."
"I understand that..."
"But you don't Shawn. If you knew that you wouldn't have done it. Let's just get to my apartment."

I help Shawn put his stuff in the back of my car then I drive to my home.

"You have a very nice and clean apartment."
"Thank you I know."
"It's bigger than mine."
"Yes, now your room is over here. I have two rooms just in case."

I help Shawn with one of his bags and walk him to the room next to mine. It was a little smaller but I'm sure Shawn will appreciate it.

"The bathroom is over there and I'll be over here if you need anything."
"Thank you."
"You're welcome. I'll leave you alone to unpack."

{Fake s.m}
📍Dallas, Texas
{Shawn}

After Jacklyn left the room, I looked around. The wall as were white and a queen bed with grey sheets were waiting for me to climb inside. The floors where a dark wood and a white carpet laid on the floor. Her whole apartment in general was aesthetically pleasing. There were many red and green plants around and a balcony with small lights. This apartment was much better than mine.

I opened my bags and started to unpack my stuff into the white shiny drawers and hung some stuff into the closet.

Once I was done, I grabbed a grey Nike shirt and some black Nike shorts along with my towel. I'm sure Jackie won't mind if I took a shower.

"Hey I'm gonna head to the gym down stairs. I'll see you later." Jacklyn says when we bump into each other.
"Okay cool. I'm just gonna take a shower." She nods and walks out of her apartment.

I climb into the shower and turn the water on. I quickly wash my body and my hair with her coconut shampoo and conditioner that's supposed to be good for your curly hair which is great because I have curly/wavy hair.

I get out of the shower and change/blow dry my hair with her blow dryer. My hair usually gets crazy if I let it air dry.

After that, I go into the kitchen to get a cold water and make sure I put some water bottles that were outside, inside the fridge. I then just walk over to the couch and scroll through the channels until I land onto Comedy Central where The Office was on. I decide to leave it there and just watch it till Jacklyn comes back.

While I was watching the show, I looked out the window and noticed it was raining. I bet it's cold outside since it was October. I didn't expect it to be this cold in Dallas.

An hour later, Jackie came in and smiled when she saw what I was watching The Office.

"I knew you would like the show."
"Oh please. I'm just watching it because I knew what it was."
"Uh huh yeah right. What do you want to eat?"
"You're cooking?"
"Yes, once I take a shower."
"Okay, how about some fettuccine."
"Alright then."

She walks away with a smile into the bathroom.

This girl takes long to bathe. I never really noticed when she stayed at my place.

"Alright Mendes, I'm gonna need you to not interrupt me while I cook keep your flat ass over there while I stay here."
"Okay boss!"

She smiles and turned around towards the fridge to get what she needed.

"So am I ever gonna get to hear the album before the release?"
"Yeah. I can show you if you have a speaker around."
"Yeah, just connect your phone to the Bluetooth a have a speaker connected throughout the whole apartment."
"I need to get me a speaker in my apartment that's freaking cool."

I open my settings and connect to her Bluetooth which was named Black. I then go to my messages where Andrew had sent me the album and click it.

"This first one is called In My Blood and I plan to release it first in a couple of months."

The song plays and the next 4 songs play and 'Fallin All In You' starts but I stop it from playing.

"Why'd you stop it?"
"Oh this song isn't the best."
"So? I still want to hear it."

I nod and play it again.

I jut hope she doesn't notice it's about her.

Close to the end of the song, she turns the stove and oven off. She lays all the food across the counter and turns around.

"What did you think of it?"
"Shawn I think that's the best song so far."
"Really?"
"Yeah. It's such a beautiful ballad. I can tell you're in love. Did you write it for Maddie?"
"Um, no, I wrote it before her."
"Oh Mendes, did you had a little crush on someone else?"
"Yeah, but I think it's all gone now."
"Okay, um, let's listen to the rest of the album."

After our slightly awkward small conversation, we continue to listen to the next 2 songs.

The next one was 'Because I Had You.' I really wanted her to hear it and cry but I don't want her to feel that way. I still let her listen to it.

"Well?"
"It's a very heartbreaking song I'll tell you that."
"You think so?"
"Yeah. I think I've heard enough of the album. Let's eat."

We had one more song to go. I think she knew this one was about her.

"Grab a plate. I made the fettuccine and some garlic bread."
"This all looks delicious Jacklyn thank you."