chat : 38

rrly mediocre chapter lol, but it's fine bc i have some great ideas coming up 😈

the drive back to ryans was silent. brendon's hands were tightly holding the steering wheel as he drove, his eyes switching from the road to ryan occasionally. he desperately wanted pull ryans hand from his lap and hold it but, ryan was pushing himself as far away from brendon as he could. he slowed the car and pulled over on to ryans street. ryan stared at his house for a moment.

taking in a deep breath he quickly unbuckled his seatbelt and went to open the door but the hand on his wrist stopped him. ryan looked back at brendon, pulling himself back into his car. brendon leaned over and kissed his forehead, lingering. the older of the two hesitated before speaking, "i love you." he spoke into the cool air. ryan looked at brendon for a moment before he pressed his lips against brendon's full ones. "i know." he said and pulled away, getting out of the car and closing the door carefully.

brendon waited for ryan to close his front door before he drove off, driving in silence. he thought about ryans outbreak not even an hour ago. he looked so distressed and scared. the image haunted him, his shaking body and his damp cheeks. it was a heartbreaking sight to see. brendon never wanted to see it again.

arriving back to his home was uneventful. his house was quiet and strangely felt colder. he didn't really know what to do with himself. so he just sat on his couch and turned on the tv, trying to distract from the lonely and empty feeling at the pit of his stomach.