Chapter Two: Someone

"This was a bad idea."

"Well at least she has some sense," Sombra drawled, twirling her handgun at the cornered Tracer. Reaper was behind her, smoke curling around his feet. Tracer was stuck in the corner of two buildings, one of her guns missing and one of her arms dangling uselessly. She glared, eyes flashing through her goggles.

"More than you," she rolled her eyes at Sombra. "If you would be so kind as to give that glowy thing to me, I'd be much obliged."

"Finish her off," Reaper growled, and disappeared into mist.

"But this one is such fun to play with," Sombra complained, rolling her eyes at the depleting shadow by her side.

She didn't have time to look back at Tracer before something hit her in the back of the head and she crumpled.

Tracer held her gun in her good hand, ready to Blink at any second. The darkness of the alley kept her from seeing whoever had just taken down Sombra - and she didn't know if they were friend or foe. "Show yourself!" she called, wincing as she jarred her arm reloading.

"Holy shit," breathed a voice. It wasn't very old - maybe eighteen? - and it came from the shadow underneath a building. All Tracer could see was electric blue bands vaguely outlining the contours of a teenage girl. "Holy shit. Tracer?"

"That would be me, yeah," Tracer rolled her eyes. "Now are you gonna kill me or help me?"

"Help you, duh," the girl told her, and came out of the shadows. She had long hair that was such a dark brown it was near black, with two electric blue plaits in front of her ears and a ponytail. She wore blue goggles that pulsed and glowed, and from where she was standing, Tracer could see tiny lines of writing - calculatory goggles, constantly calculating for the girl.

She wore black leathers with no visible studs and black pants that looked almost made out of shiny black fishscales. Glowing blue bands connected by veins of roiling blue were around her forearms, shoulders, thighs and shins, as well as around her neck.

She threw Tracer's other gun at her. "I found this. Thought it was another cheap copy, didn't believe it was really you." The girl looked awe-struck. "Why are you here?"

Tracer picked up her gun and, with a grunt, yanked her arm back into its socket. She tested her fingers and winced a little, but she could pull a trigger. That was all she needed. "Some kind of special power surge. An object that has some special power, and Talon want to get their hands on it."

"You mean that's actually Sombra?" the girl asked, nudging her unconscious body with her foot. "I thought she was another wannabe."

"We've got worse things to worry about," Tracer told her.

Maybe this girl could be more helpful than she thought. She looked like a local, and from the way she spoke, she'd seen some serious stuff. She could handle it. Taking down an unwary Sombra was one thing, but if she was any good in open battle...

"We?" the girl said incredulously. "You want me to help?"

"'Course, love," Tracer nodded, testing her arm. The pain was almost nothing by now. "Do you know how to get to Alistair Robotics?"

"Better," the girl grinned. "I know a shortcut. You're not particularly tall, you should fit."

And the girl zipped off.

Tracer Blinked to catch up with her as she ran through the empty back streets. There were car horns and squealing tires further east, but clearly, both Tracer and the girl wanted to keep away from the masses.

"What's your name, love?" Tracer asked as she leapt over a barrel and launched herself up a fire escape after her.

"Isabell," she answered.

Tracer waited for more, Blinking up onto the roof after Isabell, but she said no more. "Isabell what?"

"Just Isabell," she answered. Tracer eventually saw her weapon - two sets of nunchucks with matching blue rings around them. She wondered what the bands were for - something like that simply for effect would be too breakable in a fight.

Racing along the rooftops, Isabell glanced back and her eyes widened. Almost before she spoke, Tracer had whirled around. "Behind you!"

"You are going to pay for that one," Sombra growled, leaping into the air and firing her machine pistols.

"Behind me!" Isabell shrieked, and Tracer, already Blinking, felt the sureness in her words. She was confident.

She knew what she was doing.

So Tracer obeyed (not that there was much else to do) and zipped behind her.

With a scream that sounded like a blur of some strong profanities, almost in slow-motion, Isabell whipped out her nunchucks. The blue circlets around them and her outfits pulsed brighter and the bullets shooting from Sombra's machine pistol barely, but just enough, altered course. Each and every time, they smashed into the nunchucks perfectly, and each time, they crumpled on impact and the blue circlets glowed imperceptibly brighter.

Almost like the nunchucks and suit were absorbing their kinetic energy.

Tracer grinned. This kid was good.

Sombra landed, skidding to a halt glaring. "How--"

"Genji would be proud," Tracer laughed, and Isabell turned to her. Isabell's goggles were lighting up with information from behind her - she was able to see out the back of her head with those. Sombra was reloading her gun and racing after them as they once again started leaping across the rooftops.

"Keep going ahead seven more buildings after the next one," Isabell told her. "Then jump down. Go down the manhole in the middle of the street. It leads to a secret tunnel that George Alistair, the head of the company, wanted as an escape route. It'll lead out direct into his office. Use this to get access to anywhere." She gave Tracer a blinking blue chip, and skidded to a halt.

"What about you, love?" Tracer asked, squealing to a stop. "I can't leave you here with her."

Isabell flashed a smile. "Yeah. You can. I'll deal with this little shit - you'll be faster without me."

Tracer paused, and then nodded.

She turned to Blink, and then put her hand on Isabell's shoulder. She gave a grin of her own. "Show that stuck-up piece of work how real girls do it, yeah?"

Isabell nodded and whipped out her nunchucks. "Go."

Tracer Blinked across the gap to the next rooftop, and didn't stop until she could hear machine fire behind her. She halted on the edge of the final rooftop and she could indeed see the manhole that Isabell had spoken about. She looked back.

Just in time to see Isabell's circlets glowing so brightly Tracer could barely see her.

Just in time to see her smash her nunchucks together and them fusing into a single entity.

Just in time to watch that absorbed energy explode from the chucks and blast Sombra in the face.

Tracer laughed, and hightailed it down that manhole.