Chapter 15: Shatterglass

Isabell drowsily wondered how many times she'd passed out in the last week.

"Jesus Christ, I'm not a bloody animal!"

Jamison. Someone was-- he was angry, someone could be hurting him. He was the only person-- she'd been wrong--

She should have looked for him, she should have--

She'd been wrong, she was sorry, dad, please--

"Isabell!" Tracer, Lena was talking to her--

Semi-conscious, Isabell only hear the continued protests of Jamison. Her father, he'd told her to find him--

He'd been right, there was so much more, he was so much more than a pyromaniac--

There were things he knew, things he'd been through--

Stop it, stop it, leave him alone--

"Isabell!"

Winston. His tone, he was scared, he was angry, he was worried--

Maybe it was him. Maybe it was Winston. Maybe Winston was hurting Jamie.

Don't touch him, get away, he's not who you think he is--

Leave him alone, leave him alone--

There was a loud crash and shatter, and the darkness over Isabell's mind broke. She clawed her way to consciousness and sucked in a breath, sitting bolt upright. She was blinded by the bright light for a second, and the air was thick with the stench of anesthetic. The ground was moving, they were still in the plane. At least it was warm.

When her vision cleared, Isabell realized that she was glowing. She groaned and rubbed her head, and then looked at the carnage beyond her.

Winston was lying dazed in a pile of weapons which had tumbled from the wall when he'd hit it, and the person he'd been holding - Jamie - was smirking happily. Tracer was helping Winston to his feet while Mercy, Genji, Lucio and Reinhardt quickly ran through the doors into the belly of the plane.

They really had dispatched almost everyone to come and find her.

"You anesthetized me, didn't you?" Isabell groaned.

"Yes," Winston growled, getting up as Lucio skittered over to help pack up the weapons. Mercy went back to fly the plane, seeing as they kind of needed a pilot, while Reinhardt looked at the carnage and grinned. Genji showed no reaction.

"I probably should've told you," Isabell rubbed her head, sitting on the edge of the set she'd been lying on. "My... radiation, doesn't mix with anesthetic. Did I hurt you?"

"You threw smurf-monkey over here into the wall," Junkrat grinned, leaning against the wall. His leg hadn't even begun to be healed, and Angela wouldn't have just left him. Meaning that someone had indeed prevented him from being healed. 

Winston snarled at him, but he waved him off. "I told 'em I'd be on me best behavior, but they didn't believe me. So smurfmonkey and headcase--"

"Tracer," Lena corrected loudly. He paid no attention to her.

"--over here tried to shove me in their special little cell just for me."

Isabell got up and realized that the seat behind her was wet. Her eyes traveled up to a completely burst IV drip splattering faintly-glowing blue anesthetic everywhere. All the same, she carefully walked over and stood beside Junkrat, facing Tracer, Lucio, and Winston. Genji and Reinhardt stared carefully from where they were, watching.

Isabell took a deep breath. "He saved my life. Mercy is going to heal his leg. And you don't get to throw him in a cell."

"He is a wanted criminal, Jinx--"