Chapter 12: Skydive To Hell

"Jesus Christ," Isabell stared. The wind was whipping her ponytail behind her, the twin plaits in front of her ears smacking her repeatedly in the face. She could barely hear Tracer beside her, and neither Mercy nor Genji offered any sort of speech.

It was a drop unlike any other.

Jumping out of a plane. With no parachute. They barely had a three-second window if they wanted to land, and if any of them missed, then Mercy would have to go after them. Not even she could catch up to a jet, so if one of them missed, then the mission was over.

"So we're sure Talon hijacked this thing?" Isabell screamed over the wind.

"Absolutely," Tracer howled back at her. "You gotta be ready the second we're in! I'll go in hanging on to you in case you miss, and I can try to Blink in with you!"

"But what if--"

"Just don't miss!" Tracer shouted, and Winston's voice projected into their ears. "You know what to do. Your window is in three seconds."

Shit. Shit shit shit shit--

"Now!" Tracer hollered, and before Isabell was ready, she was running.

Towards the open hangar door of the plane.

"Woooooo-hoooooooooo!" Tracer screamed, leaping out of the plane and dragging Isabell with her.

"SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!" Isabell screamed.

Mercy laughed soundlessly.

There was the plane.

Isabell was falling. Through the air. Hurtling at God knew what speeds.

Towards a plane.

It was coming up so fast. It was going to go past them.

"Lena!" Isabell screeched. "We're going to miss it!"

Nobody could hear her.

Tracer was laughing, the free-fall not scaring her in the slightest.

Here we go! She mouthed, and grabbed onto Isabell.

Isabell braced herself.

And then there was a loud zap and then... and then...

"Hang on!" Tracer yelled.

They were standing on top of the plane. Genji had some kind of magnetic gloves and boots wrenching him to the roof, the same as Tracer. Mercy was held to Genji by a pulsing tether, which Isabell realized she possessed as well, connected to Tracer. Heading for the doors at the back of the plane.

"It looks like a passenger jet!" Isabell screamed, just loud enough for Tracer to hear. She just nodded, and screamed back, "Disguise!"

After agonizing minutes clutching Tracer and Isabell's tether, they finally reached the back end of the plane, where there was a hangar door. Firmly closed.

Not for long.

"Hang on, love!" Tracer yelled, and then screamed, "Pulsing now!"

And she slammed a Pulse Bomb down on the hangar door.

Before Isabell could even register it, she was launched in through the hole--

And then space and time was distorting around her--

And then she was inside.

Then Tracer was next to her.

Then Mercy was inside.