Chapter 7: Aussie Battler

Jesus. Everyone was there.

Genji was there, and Isabell nearly had a heart attack. He was who her original nunchuck attack had been based on. And he was so freaking cool - speedy as hell and a half-cyborg ninja murdered-but-not by his brother? Rider of the Dragon of the North Wind, katana user, ninja stars thrown so fast that they could almost catch up to Tracer's Blink.

Mercy was there, but wasn't wearing her Valkyrie suit. It took Isabell by surprise until she realized how impractical it would be to wear your battle suit constantly. She offered a warm smile, ever the healer.

Lucio was there, as well as McCree - who was a genuine surprise to Isabell. She knew he'd been a former member of Blackwatch and now fought against crime, but she was certain she hadn't found a single record of him rejoining the vigilante Overwatch. He raised an eyebrow at her, but didn't offer a smile. Typical.

Lucio leaned back and nodded at her, winking in his upbeat way, trying to encourage her. Isabell swallowed.

It looked like a training arena. The few spectators were the other members of Overwatch - those who had come, at least. Lucio, Genji, Mercy and McCree were all there, as well as Winston and Reinhardt. Anyone else was either out on a mission, Isabell supposed, or simply didn't turn up.

She wondered if Zenyatta had ever visited Genji after his training was complete. Or vice versa.

Or if Hanzo and Genji ever saw each other.

Tracer grinned at her, tapping her gun against her Chronal Accelerator - which Winston had completed the patch-up job on. "You think you can take on the Tracer?"

"No," Isabell admitted, and swallowed.

She was not going to fail in front of Overwatch. Her heroes. The legendary advocates for good and the people she had looked up to all her life - heck, based her life on.

"But I'm going to hit you hard before I lose," Isabell flashed a grin at Tracer, the fire in her eyes returning.

"Try not to break the old bucket of bolts, if you don't mind," Tracer tapped her Chronal Accelerator. "I want to see everyone's reaction to you, not me blinking out of existence again."

"Yes, ma'am," Isabell nodded, and stood at one end of the arena while Tracer Blinked to the other.

And she tried not to notice how easily Tracer had said something so serious. If Isabell broke her Chronal Accelerator... Winston would probably kill her.

Out of nowhere, a loud, shrill Chinese voice pierced the air. "Sorry! Sorry!"

Isabell turned to see Mei - who she'd nicknamed the Ice Devil - scrambling into the room. "Sorry! I'm--"

She gawked when she saw Isabell, halfway through stepping over Genji to her seat. Her little droid, Snowball, was there as well, hovering over her head. Adjusting her glasses, she continued to stare. She whispered ridiculously loudly, "Who's that?"

Lucio pinched the bridge of his nose, and Mercy gestured for Mei to come over to her. Leaving her position halfway through stepping over Genji, Mei hurried over while Mercy speed-explained. "This is Isabell. She saved Lena's life, and Winston wants to see what she can do. Seeing as there's an outsider in the Overwatch headquarters, some of us turned up to see as well - and to challenge her if she's any good."

"I need a challenge," Reinhardt grunted, and Isabell nearly had a heart attack at just the thought of facing him.

Tracer's goggles flashed in the light as she looked to Winston for approval.

Isabell's heart was racing. Everything she'd ever done in the Simulator, those bullets, everything was to fight for this. Tracer was fast, unbelievably so - and her Recall was stupidly overpowered. But then again, a stun attack like Isabell's was too.