[2] The Woman

( The pic is a drawing I made of what your wearing. It's an old drawing, so forgive it's obvious flaws. )

*Hiccup's POV*

        I race over to the young woman's side after Toothless gently puts her down. Toothless begins to sniff her arm as I look over her. Now that I've got a better look at her. She looks around my age. She has dirty (H/L) (H/C) hair with bits of leaves and sticks stuck in it. Most of her (S/C) skin looks bruised or scratched.  She wore a thick long sleeve (F/C) shirt with cuffs covered in fur up to the elbow. A thick leather sash with pockets laid over the shirt. She also wore black pants that went into her knee-high beige fur boots. And a leather belt with a built in pouch and dagger holders is fastened around her waist. She has large gash on her right arm and it looks like she was bleeding from the head, telling from all the dried blood on it.

        I kneeled down and listened closely to see if she was breathing. I sigh in relief when I hear her faint ragged breath. I sit up and look around. If she was out in the storm, its a miracle that she survived. I look back at the fallen trees. They must have fallen in a way that it mostly protected her from the storm. She's quite lucky the large trees didn't kill her when they fell. Toothless's whine made me look over at him. He motioned to her then to his back with his head.

        "I'm not so sure about that bud. We don't even know if she's our enemy or not." I pointed out. Toothless whined again and motioned to her injuries. "I know. I know. We can't just leave her here like that." I say while rubbing the back of my head with one hand. 'What am I going to do?' I thought to myself. But I already knew the answer. She was coming with us back to Berk. It didn't feel right to leave her. I let out a long sigh. "Alright. She's coming," I decide. Toothless wags his tail happily and smiles a toothless smile. "Stay still and let me put her on your back." I laugh at him. Toothless obeys. "I wonder how I'll explain this to Astrid." I mumble to myself as I bend over to pick her up.

        "Yes, I wonder too." Called Astrid herself from above. I let out a long sigh as Stormfly landed near us. Toothless huffed and gave Astrid a half lidded look. He knew that he was going to have to wait while Astrid and Hiccup argued.

        "Heeey, Astrid." I start while clapping my hands together.

        "Don't heeeey me Hiccup." She said shortly as she dismounted Stormfly. "Who's that?" She said pulling out her ax and pointing it at the girl.

        "I ... don't actually know," I admitted. Astrid gave me a look. Then she went over and scanned the girl. "Toothless found her like that under those trees." I said gesturing to the weird tree tent. She eyed the tree tent then kneeled down and searched the girl with her eyes.

        "She's bound to have some sorta symbol on her. To represent where she comes from, so we can see if she's an enemy," Astrid said, eyeing her neck.

        "I didn't see anything like that. I checked," I said. Astrid gave me a look.

        "Really?" She said sarcastically. Then she reached over to the girls neck and pulled out a necklace from under her shirt. It was a moon carved out of dark oak with a nightfury symbol carved out of birch fixed on top of the moon, with a ruby used for the nightfury's eye. Toothless leaned over my shoulder to see, and perked his ears up in curiosity.

        "I've never seen a symbol like that before. Much less with a nightfury," I gaped. Astrid growled.

        "Well, I think its a bad sign. I think we should either imprison her for interrogation. Or drop her off on another island to make sure she doesn't cause any trouble." Astrid responded while standing up.

        "What! No, we can't do that!" I protest.

        "Why not?" She retorted.

        "One, just look at her! It looks as if she got caught in the middle of the storm!" I reason. Astrid crosses her arms and rolls her eyes.

        "Then we bandage her major wounds and she should be fine," Astrid replied.

        "And two, I'm chief! And I say we aren't doing that!" I point out. Astrid growled.

        "Just because your chief doesn't mean I'm going to do everything you say." Astrid pointed at me stubbornly. I let out a frustrated sigh and rub a hand down my face. Toothless just sat next to the girl and watched with mild interest. Stormfly cleaned her wing by nibbling on it with her mouth in the background.

        "Look. ... How about we take her back to Berk. Treat her wounds. And have some people watch over her to make sure she doesn't do anything when she wakes up. Sounds good?" I compromised. Astrid thought for a moment.

        "Good," agreed Astrid.