[28] Varor... Why did you have to open your mouth?

Art by WhispertheWolfie: https://www.deviantart.com/whisperthewolfie/art/Winterwind-Headshot-609864257

*Second Person POV*

"What is it with men?!" You yelled at nothing in particular as you paced around in a clearing outside the village. Grass crunching under your forceful, aggravated steps.

You have gone off to this clearing because you've been reminded on why you were particularly mad at two specific males. Varor, who sleeps on the floor of your room to make sure he stays close to you, kinda, maybe... pissed you off this morning.

You vividly remember how breakfast went as usual. Hiccup had already left to take care of the village needs. While Skyler was trying to fly around the village again with Remus watching over her.

~~~~~~~~()~~~~~~~~

"Hey, uh... (Y/N)?" Varor's uncertain voice floated to your ears. You look up at him sitting across from you at the wooden table. While Valka sits to your left as she finishes up her meal. You had nearly finished your own meal, you just had to finish the slice of bread you were nibbling on.

Seeing that he now had your attention, Varor drummed his fingers against the table in a nervous habit. "So... about yesterday?" You stopped nibbling on your bread for a second. "How come you became so mad? I mean, we were doing just fine and then you just suddenly close yourself off."

You put down your slice of bread. To be honest, you knew that the way you acted was certainly an exaggerated response. Especially when you ignored Hiccup and Varor the rest of the day.

"You know, I did notice you seemed a bit upset yesterday when I came home." Valka added in her own comment about the situation. "What's wrong?"

"Well..." You start, thinking about how you can explain your feelings from yesterday. "When you and Hiccup where arguing over who gets to train me, I sorta felt... upset over the idea that I'm treated like a damsel in distress." You pause to gather you thoughts. "I couldn't help feel like you two saw me as, as a helpless little girl. Someone who NEEDS to be looked over, protected and guided." You gaze over Varor's features to gauge his reaction. He seems to be listening intently, but you couldn't figure out what he was thinking. You fidgeted in your seat, feeling like you should say more since he isn't saying anything. "At the time, I found it upsetting. It just bothered me that you two saw me that way is all." You finished with a shrug, picking up your toast and taking a bite of it.

Varor leaned back with a thoughtful expression. "I-I didn't know you saw it as that way. I was only trying to make sure you had regained the skills from our clan. Plus it is my job as your guardian to watch over you. You had, after all, got yourself hurt from being reckless with the Rumblehorn two days ago." Varor reminded you, making you subconsciously look at your still bandaged dominant hand. "Not to mention you aren't as skilled as you were with your memories." Varor pointed out, looking lost in thought. "And because of that, it's only natural that, I, with more skills than you, watch over you when you can't be fully capable of doing it yourself."

You pulled the toast away from your face as you felt your (E/C) eyes harden. "What..."

Varor seemed to notice the mistake he made as his blue eyes widened. He quickly sat straight up, "W-What I meant was that you just aren't as, well... strong as before with your amnesia and all." He left out a nervous laugh as he tried to correct himself. But it only made the situation worse than it already is.

"I can't believe-" You shook your head as you dropped your toast onto your wooden plate. You pushed it away from you harshly as you got up, having lost your appetite.