[10] Fur and Claws

*Hiccup's POV*

Toothless pulls up to a group of dragons hovering or flying in one place, with their dragon riders seated on their back. The twins are currently bickering with each other as usual, while Snotlout and Fishlegs tease each other. I sigh, 'Will they ever grow up?'

"Hey, you still haven't changed a bit either you know," Astrid's voice said beside me.

"Did I say that out loud?" I say embarrassed.

"You're lucky you mumbled it, and only I heard." Astrid said, then made Stormfly lean towards Toothless. Causing Toothless to lean away so his wings didn't hit Stormfly's. Toothless made a dragon sound similar to 'Hey!' as he did so. While I laughed at Astrid's playfulness.

"So, did Valka have anything extra to add to what we know?" Astrid asked.

"Nothing much, just that it's similar in a Nightfury build." I explain, which caught Fishleg's attention.

"Similar to a NightFury!?" Fishlegs exclaimed. Which in turn, caught everyone else's attention.

"Wait, I thought there was only one Nightfury," said Tuffnut.

"There is dummy." Ruffnut said, hitting Ruffnut across the head.

"At least we know what we're looking for. Remember, a tan furred dragon, similar to a NightFury," I remind everyone. They all nod. "Alright, let's spread out to cover more ground." I command. Then we split up to search the Wilderness.

~~~~~~~~( Time skip )~~~~~~~~

"Find anything?" I ask everyone once we group up again.

"Nope." Astrid informed.

"I got burned by a Terrible Terror. Does that count?" Tuffnut butted in.

"Yeah, it was hilarious." Ruffnut added laughing at her twin.

"Well, I had a lead." Snoutlout piped up.

"And..." Astrid pushed, looking at Snotlout expectantly.

"Then I lost it..." Snoutlout mumbled looking down.

"Well isn't that great," I say sarcastically.

"Hey, have you found anything?!" Snoutlout pointed out.

"No, not yet." I answered looking down at the trees below.

"Don't worry Hiccup, we'll find them eventually. It's hard to hide on Berk without us knowing," Astrid reassured me. But I didn't respond, I was squinting down at the ground below. Toothless was too. I heard a growl come from Astrid.

"Did you hear anything I just said?!" She growled. When I still didn't respond, she growled some more.

"Uh, ... Hiccup. What are you doing?" Fishlegs spoke up.

"There!" I suddenly shouted, pointing down at a spot on the ground below.

"What?" Snoutlout said clearly confused.

"I saw (Y/N)." I explain, looking back up.

"What!" They all say in unison.

"What would she be doing in the Wilderness?" Fishlegs asked with a confused face.

"I don't know. But lets find out." Astrid said glaring at where I was looking. Before steering Stormfly over there. The rest of us following suit.

*Second Person POV*

You pushed some leaves out of your way looking around. You were following whatever footprints you found that are imprinted in the ground. Along with clumps of fur that are snagged in some branches time to time. You also kept track of the sky, making sure that Hiccup and the other Riders don't see you. You just know that if they did, you would be brought back to the village and be under surveillance. As you trek through the trees and undergrowth of the wilderness. You do notice claw marks and trampled greenery, making you a bit nervous about going out on your own. 'Maybe it wasn't good idea to march into the Wilderness alone and unprepared,' you thought.

You pushed aside some leaves to reveal a beautiful grove of trees. Their branches cover most of the sky over a small empty patch of green. Through the cracks, the shade of the leaves create shadow designs on the ground. But the little patch of green isn't the only thing the trees are hiding. On the edge of the grove is, what looks like part of the top of a cave jutting out from the ground. It's too dark and far away for you to see inside. Before you even have the chance to take three steps forward. A low growl rumbles behind you. You freeze on the spot, then slowly turn your head around. Two violet eyes peer from the shadows of a bush. A moment passes before a tan colored dragon jumps out and into the open. Pouncing on top of you, pinning you to the ground. You stare wide eyed at the fiery, silted, violet eyes peering down at you. 'This was definitely a bad idea.' You thought.