[33] Root of the Problem

*Second Person's POV*

        You let out a tired yawn, not bothering to try and hide it. You feel exhausted, and you are not the only one. Loud snores coming from beside you sound from your Woolly Howl fast asleep. If you weren't so tired, you would find her sleeping position incredibly amusing. Skyler's head is resting on the bench surrounding one of the long tables in the great hall. She's not even supporting her weight by at least putting her forelegs up there, so her forelegs are just hanging limp at her side. Not to mention her body is on it's side as it curls around where you stand.  All in all, her position looks rather uncomfortable, but she doesn't seem to care.

        Skyler isn't the only one as tired as you. Astrid, who is standing beside you, looks like she'd rather be sleeping right now. You can see the beginnings of bags under her half-lidded eyes. Her posture is slouched, and her movements altogether are slow. Her dragon lies asleep as well, by the large doors of the great hall.

        You force your foggy mind to turn it's gears and focus back in on what's going on. Taking note of everyone gathered around the very table you all were discussing about the Sand Wraith that tried to abduct you once.

        "How did someone bring that huge piece of dragonroot to Berk without us noticing?!" Snotlout yelled, waving his arms in the air.

        "I'm not sure," Hiccup shook his head as he looked down at the table, at a loss.

        "I'm more concerned about how they even got it here in the first place," Fishlegs said, looking worried. "Dragonroot doesn't naturally grow on Berk, so it had to come from somewhere else."

        "Well in my opinion, I think they picked a horrible spot to dump the dragonroot." Ruffnut crossed her arms, with a frown. "If I had dragonroot, I would put it where is would cause more chaos for me to watch, like the village!" She pounded a fist into the palm of her hand, smiling mischievously at the idea.

        "Yeah! They picked the lamest spot! They only effected one dragon, one!" Tuffnut exclaimed as he held up a finger.

        "That is rather strange," Hiccup trailed off in thought.

        "Obviously, whoever put it there meant to cause harm," Varor added with a frown. "We're lucky (Y/N) and Astrid found it before more dragons were effected."

       Valka turned to look at you from her spot next to Hiccup at the head of the table. "(Y/N), do you remember what time you noticed something was off in the wilderness?"

        You shrugged, "I'm not entirely sure, I wasn't really paying attention. Skyler was actually the one to notice it first. She woke me up, looking uneasy about something, so I joined her in her investigation."

        "I was out on my roof before I saw (Y/N) leave," Astrid stepped forward. "The moon was a little past it's peak, so it must have been a little past midnight."

        "I'm still surprised I didn't hear you sneak out," Varor sheepishly rubbed the back of his head with a smile. "I'm usually more vigilant."

        "It's fine," you waved him off. "You must have been tired from the race, like Hiccup."

        "You look pretty beat right now yourself," Varor smirked at you. "Your hair is a bird's nest," he laughed.

        "I'd like to see how you look after being chased by a Timberjack with only a few hours of sleep," you challenged with a tired glare.

        "Someone's grumpy," Tuffnut teased.

        "It was a long night okay," you huffed.