[32] A Sticky Situation

*Second Person's POV*

A whine followed by a nudge in your side broke you from your investigation. The foot your had unknowingly been tapping came to a stop. You shift your (E/C) gaze downward to meet fiery violet eyes. Skyler's eyes are large and dilated, a concerned gurgle sounds from her.

You smile and rub her furry head. "We'll figure out a way out of this," you say reassuringly. Skyler leans into your touch, a low purring sound emanating from her throat. You continue to look warmly at her.

The crunching of branches and shifting of pine needles reminds you of the company you've been trying to ignore. You take a quick glance behind you to spot Astrid putting a hand to one of the fallen trucks. Her blue gaze scrutinizing the mess of tangled branches around her that press in your confined area. Stormfly has her large spiky head under some broken low hanging branches as she tries to find an exit. Astrid's eyes glide over to your direction. For a moment, both your eyes meet. You frown, eyes hardening with all the distaste you feel, practically throwing all your negative thoughts about her right into her pale face. Astrid's own eyes harden, her face twisting up in a scowl. It's all you see before you turn away from her, glaring at the fallen trees in front of you as if they personally offended you. In fact, they did. They're keeping you stuck in close proximity with her.

You silently growl to yourself. That's it, you are going to find a way out of here one way or another! You stomp right into the branches, forcefully pushing them aside or glaring at them as you ducked around them. Some of the thinner ones even snapped under your aggravated blows. You soon end up at the base of one of the fallen trees. The branches have become too thick on the sides of the truck since they intertwined with the branches of the trees beside it. There is no way you can make it through that tangled mess.

You bit the inside of your lip in thought. Dominant hand resting on your hip, while the other rests against a branch level with your head. You narrow your eyes upon the point where the tree was severed from it's stump. Upon closer inspection, the tree looked to be cleanly sliced in one fell swoop. Whatever did this had to have been extremely sharp and powerful. It also isn't that close to the ground, if anything, telling by the thickness of the branches, it had to have been cut quite a ways up. You recall the roar you heard when Skyler threw you to the ground. It was neither hers or Stormfly's roar, so it had to be another dragon altogether. You can't place the name of the dragon because the roar is unfamiliar to you, but you know for certain that dragon was the cause of this.

You regard the severed part of the trunk once more, before looking up through the branches. It appears that simply moving one trunk would be a bad idea. You fear that if you start to push against the trees, then the miraculous way they fell onto each other may come undone, crushing you and your dragons in the process. Pine trees are large and heavy, so even if Skyler protected you, it would be no use.

You sigh, resting your head against the branch your hand is on. Your body reminds you how tired it is. Feeling the desire to sleep nag at the back of your mind. Your brain doesn't even want to bring itself to figure out a solution to your dilemma. You found yourself yearning for the cozy warm bed back at Hiccup's. The nice thick quilts, stiff mattress, and soft feather filled pillows. A nice dreamless sleep sounds tempting. You wouldn't need to think, just blissfully sleep. You wouldn't need to find out what a mysterious noise in the wilderness was. You wouldn't need to deal with Astrid's accusations. You wouldn't need to deal with her attitude, her stubbornness, her stupidity, her dumb face that just makes you really want to punch her but you can't because you know better! Why does she need to get up all in your face and yell out blatant lies? Just who does she think she is?! She doesn't know you!

You just now notice the bark starting to painfully push against your skin from gripping the branch so hard. You growl to yourself through gritted teeth, releasing the poor wood from your death grip. You glare down at your unbandaged, non-dominant hand, looking it over for injuries. You can't really tell much from the dim lighting, but you can see dirt and parts of flaked off bark still clinging to your hand. You take a short angry breath of air, dusting your hand off on your pants, getting rid of the stuff stuck to it. You push your way back to the pine needle covered space the trees offer in your dark wooden prison.