[8] Flying

*Second Person POV*

"Hang on!" Hiccup yelled to you with a smirk on his face. You tightened your grip with your legs on Toothless, and tried to get a hold on the saddle's side to hold onto. But as you felt Toothless's haunches bunch up, getting ready for take off, you had a feeling that it wouldn't be enough. So you wrapped your arms around Hiccup's waist. You swore you felt Hiccup tense under your touch. But before another second could pass for it to be confirmed. Toothless leaped into the air and gave a mighty heave with his wings. Sending you and Hiccup into the sky. Toothless's strong fast wing beats propelled you faster and faster up in to the sky. Without thinking about it, you let out a whoop of joy as the adrenaline began to pump in your veins. Hiccup casted a surprised glance at you. While Toothless gave you his toothless smile.

Toothless smoothed out at a height where you could see all of the Isle of Berk below. Where you could see the wooden buildings, the brilliant green trees and that big stone statue standing tall above everything. However, it only lasted for a second before the mischievous dragon decided to crank things up a notch. You saw Toothless's eyes narrow as a smirk formed on his face. You gripped Hiccup tighter by instinct. Hiccup looked at you confused since he wasn't paying attention to his dragon. It was then, Toothless dipped to one side. Sending him into a spin, making a scream be torn from your mouth by the wind.

"Toothless!" Hiccup yelled at his dragon as he did barrel rolls. Toothless ignored Hiccup's protests and folded his wings in all the way. Causing him to go into a dive. Which earned another shout of Hiccup shouting Toothless's name. Hiccup looked back at you to make sure you're okay.

"Sorry! He usually isn't like this!" He yelled over the wind.

"Don't apologize! This is amazing!" You yelled in response, followed by a laugh. Loving the way the wind whipped through your hair. And the feeling of weightlessness as you fell with Toothless. Hiccup smiled at your reaction, relieved you weren't terrified out of your wits. Since you were over the ocean, you could see the water rushing towards you. Toothless opened his wings at the last second. Suddenly jolting up, just barely scraping the water's surface, spraying both you and Hiccup and blinding you. When the water was blown out of your eyes by the wind whipping past you cause of your speed. Toothless had finally leveled out several feet above the beautiful water that's reflecting the sun.

"So... despite Toothless's misbehavior. What do you think of the flight?" Hiccup asked you. You smiled wide.

"It was amazing! I don't think there is another feeling like it in the world." You said with a large smile. Then something caught your attention out of the corner of your eye. "Hiccup. What's that?" You asked pointing to a object floating in the water. Hiccup looked over at where your pointing and squinted his eyes.

"Toothless, take us closer." He said to his dragon. Toothless nodded in response and banked to turn towards the object. He managed to slow down and slowly circle the object. It looked like a battered brown flag just floating there. On the flag was a picture of a dragon's skull, similar to a Nightfury's painted in black. You involuntarily let out a gasp as you were thrown into a memory.

=+=+=(Memory)=+=+=

You were standing on stone ground. Surrounded by fire and debris of buildings, and pieces of random boulders. Screams decorated the air, along with the roars of dragons. Some were of fear or anger, while others were cries of battle. A large building made of stone towered ahead of you. It's cold windows lit with an orange glow that waves erratically against the walls. Shadows race through the light, with hurried and violent movements. You noticed that other than the debris and building, you only saw one thing. It was the brown flag waving from a pole driven in the ground right next to the grand stairs leading up to the stone building. And on the ground burning in flames, was a light blue tattered flag with your necklace's symbol as it's picture. The moon is a midnight blue color, and the Nightfury is pure white with a red eye.

=+=+=(Memory End)=+=+=

You woke up to see the worried face of Hiccup, with Toothless peering over his shoulder. Hiccup sighed in relief seeing that you're awake.

"You alright?" He asked you. You slowly sat up confused. Weren't you just riding on Toothless? You look around to see that you were on one of those pillar-like small Islands that jutted from the sea. You looked back at Hiccup when you felt Toothless's breath on your arm as he sniffed you.

"Yeah... What happened?" You asked.

"When we went over to check the flag. You passed out. You're lucky I heard you gasp before you fainted. Or else I might not have been able to catch you before you fell off Toothless," Hiccup explained. "What happened back there?"

"I... remembered something. But its only a tiny glimpse," You said. Then you explained your memory to Hiccup. Once you finished, Hiccup stayed silent, thinking. But you had more to add.

"Hiccup..." You broke the silence. "I feel like something really big and bad happened. And I feel... like I'm supposed to be doing something. But... I can't remember." You said looking at the ground.

"Don't worry." Hiccup responded, causing you to look back up at his green eyes. "You'll remember eventually. And we'll figure this out." He said with determination. You only nodded in response, with a far off look on your face. 'What exactly happened in my past?' You thought.