[21] Day Three Part 2

*Hiccup's POV*

        I watched as (Y/N) disappeared into the tunnel, with the man following close behind her. The four riders and dragons stationed outside moved in the way of the entrance. Glaring me down with watchful eyes. Toothless growls from behind me. I place a hand on his nose to calm him down, staring worryingly at the tunnel. 'I hope at least the other parts go as planned.'

*Second Person POV*
        The man was now leading the way down the dark tunnel. Looking back every minute or so to keep an eye on you. Your anger has already faded away into nervousness, which wasn't helping the fact you had to still keep up the act. At least it wasn't as hard as you thought though, you found that you had little trouble putting on an emotionless mask. It was the fact that when you tried to muster up a scowl at him, you felt like it didn't sit right and showed more of your actual feelings. So you had settled with a blank stare instead as you surveyed your surroundings.

        The tunnels felt large in comparison to you, big enough to allow a dragon to come through without problems. You also take notice of the significant lack of other people inside, only hearing the crunch of dirt underfoot from you and the man. You would've thought that there would be others around to make sure you didn't do anything to the guy you're following. The thought crosses your mind of trying to take him down, there would be no one around to hear it. However, that would leave you searching the tunnels alone and with a high possibility of you being spotted, which could ruin everything.

        After a few minutes of walking, the man stopped, breaking your train of thought. You looked at the guy questioningly, only to see him looking at you. Watching you closely for a reason unbeknownst to you. Confused and a little unnerved by his staring, you looked away and found yourself looking past him. You notice that the tunnel branches off into another direction. You cast a glance at the man, who just looks back with a calculating gaze, before walking past him and peering into the other tunnel.

        You find that the tunnel doesn't go very far before it ends in a dead end. What's at the end catches your attention. At the end of the tunnel is another Devilish Dervish carefully watching a the guy that looks similar to the one in your dreams, only, his clothes are roughed up, his hair is unkempt and there are visible scratches and bruises decorating his skin. As you look closer, you notice that a chain dangles from a collar on the Dervish and is attached to the guy's left hand. The chain also appears to be going through a loop on the collar so that the other end of the chain with a metal cuff dangles from the other side. The guy is currently staring blankly at the floor, back turned to the dragon watching over him.

        'That must be him!' You thought in realization.

        The Dervish must have sensed that it had company, because it looked away from your guardian and at you. It growled and its tail twitched, alerting your guardian that you're here. He turned around with an eyebrow raised, probably wondering who the dragon was growling at. When he saw you, his face fell which confused you. 'Shouldn't he be relived?'

        "There he is, a bit bruised up but all in one piece." The man's voice spoke up from behind you as he put a hand on your shoulder. Nearly making you jump since you almost forgot he was there. His grip tightened on your shoulder, making you tense up. "And now that we got our key, you can rest assured no more harm will come to him." The man eerily said.

        'But I haven't given him the key, what does he mean by thaAAAT?!' The man roughly shoved you forward and on to the ground.

        "(Y/N)!" Your guardian called out in worry. Taken by surprise, you didn't have enough time to get to your feet before the man grabbed your arm and yanked you harshly forward. You struggle in his grip, and look over at your guardian for help. Only to see him fighting to get to you from under the Dervish's feet. You feel something cold and metallic snap onto your right wrist, and the man lets you go. You land on your butt with a 'oof' and see that now your chained up to the Dervish.

        "Your clan is so gullible. They'll do anything for those they hold dear." The man chuckled, dusting himself off. "And some guardian you are Varor." He taunted, making your guard-err Varor growl at him as the man walked away. Varor glared at the spot the man disappeared behind before speaking.

        "I really hate that guy." He stated the obvious. You resisted the urge to roll your eyes, but a slight smile subconsciously tugged at your lips despite the urge. He turned to you, completely ignoring the dragon that watching you both. To be honest, you felt unnerved by the staring, but you also did your best to ignore it. "You had to go looking for me didn't you?" Varor asked you casually with a raised eyebrow, like being chained up was a normal occurrence. Then again, maybe it was the norm for the past you, but you've forgotten it.

        You looked down, feeling awkward because you're supposed to know the guy and he's unaware of your amnesia. "Well yeah ... I didn't have much of a choice when they gave me a three day time limit to get to you." You spoke shyly. Not making eye contact with him and instead studying your cuff. Without thinking about it, your mind tried to recall what it knew about Devilish Dervish.

        "Hmm ... You're awfully more shy than usual ..." Varor said with suspicion. Squinting his eyes at you as he leaned closer to you. You felt a bit uncomfortable and scooted away from him a bit. "Did something happen to you. Is Skyler alright?" He sounded concerned, but then again, he is supposed to be your guardian, your appointed protector.

        "She's alright." You confirm. "But ... me, not so much. I've... lost my memory." You finally looked up at him, searching his face for a reaction. What you got was a look of shock and pure disbelief.

        "You're joking right?" He laughed, trying to play it off. But when he saw that you weren't laughing with him, he stopped and his smile dropped. "You remember me right? Our clan? Our home?" He asked, his eyes desperately looking for any sign of you playing a prank on him. You shook your head no, feeling guilty about your amnesia.

        He looked down at the dusty floor, fully processing the new information. His expression was blank, so you couldn't read what he was feeling. He surprised you by breaking out in a smile, shaking his head and leaning against the tunnel wall. Hands behind his head like he was relaxing on the beach. "Well, I guess I'll just have to jog your memory once we get out of here huh?" He said more to himself.

        'He took that well.' You thought, staring surprised at him. Then you gazed back at the open end of your prison tunnel. 'That reminds me. I wonder how the others are doing?'