[13] Nightmare

*Second Person's POV*

  When you opened your eyes, you were met with a rocky ceiling. 'Wait ... that's not the roof I'm used to.' You thought. You shot up into a sitting position and looked around in panic. You notice you're in a small dark cave area. Behind you is a tunnel out of the area your in, its too dark to see where it leads. You realize the ground beneath you feels soft for a cave's stony floor. When you look down, your surprised to find grass underneath you. 

'Where am I?! How did I get here?!' You thought as you stood up. You look around and see that the only available light in the area comes from a small hole in the roof, you can tell its too small for you to fit. Through it, you can see the crescent moon and twinkling stars. You find yourself staring out the hole, looking at the beautiful night sky. 'What a lovely night.' You thought with a smile.

"How did I know to find you here?" A male's voice said from behind you. Startling you enough to make you jump before you whirled around to face them. You watched a black haired male around your age walk out. He is wearing a white furred shirt, brown pants, and black shoes. A bow is slung across his shoulder, and a quiver filled with arrows rests on his back. His blue eyes look up at the night sky as he comes to a stop next to you.

"Who are you? A-And how did you know I was here?" You asked him, feeling weary because he somehow knew your location, even when you didn't. He didn't respond, he just continued to look up at the moon. You frowned at the fact he ignored you. You opened your mouth to say something to catch his attention, or tell him off for being rude.

"You really want to explore the outside don't you?" He asked, glancing over at you. You looked at him in disbelief. 'Did he not hear what I said?!' You thought, feeling a bit angry at the fact he seems to be completely ignoring you. Before you could even say anything, something else decided to interrupt you.

"Yeah. Its just..." A female voice said, seeming to sound from everywhere. You yelped in surprise. 'Was that...' But it wasn't the fact that it sounded from everywhere that shocked you. 'Me?' It was the fact that it was your own voice. "I'm tired of being cooped up here. I want to be able to be free. To see trees, to see islands, to see what wonders are just waiting out there." Your voice continued with a sigh. 'What is going on here?!' You felt very confused about what exactly is happening. The guy scoffed and turned to you.

"You know your Mother wouldn't allow it." The guy said. 'My Mom...' You had wondered if you had family, but now it seems that its true. You felt sad that you couldn't remember. You zoned back in after you heard your voice sigh.

"I know,... but she can't keep me here forever." Your voice said more cheerfully. "Especially when you have my back." Your voice said playfully. The guy smiled and laughed in response before the world, and his laugh faded around you.

You felt yourself move into a sitting position, and that you're sitting on something that was moving. You also felt wind blowing in your face. You also found that you couldn't move. Then finally, your vision cleared up, and you were able to see the world around you again. You found yourself riding Skyler while she is flying. Your head looked around on its own accord, which freaked you out a bit since you can't control your own body. You noticed that you weren't flying out in the open air, you were actually flying in a large cave. When your head looked down, you caught a glimpse of lights of a village. 'Wait, a underground village!' Skyler suddenly let out a happy gurgle, and you felt yourself smile back at her. 'Why does this seem so familiar ...' You thought. As your arm patted her side, a sense of dread seemed to creep up on you. You didn't know why, but you wanted to get out of there. But you never had the time.

A loud explosion from below caused you to tighten your grip on Skyler as he leaned out of the way. 'Oh my gosh!' Your eyes widen as you look down at the destruction one explosion caused. Before another, and another, and another explosion went off in different parts of the town. You saw blurred shapes of dragons flying about and raining fire down on the unprepared people. 'Why are the dragons attacking everyone?!' Skyler suddenly let out a roar to catch your attention. Your head whipped forward in time to see a blurred dragon slam into you.

~~~~~~~~(  )~~~~~~~~

You jolted upright, awake in bed with a loud gasp. Skyler's head immediately shot up and looked at you from the end of your bed. Making sure your alright, she walked over to your side and tilted her head at you. Her gaze seeming to ask, ' You okay?'. You looked away from her as your the death grip on the blanket loosened. You began to calm down seeing that your back in your room, safe and sound.

'It was ... a dream? But it seemed so real. And so... familiar.' You found yourself bringing your hand to your necklace for comfort. 'Was it a memory?' The longer the thought echoed in your head. The more sense it made. They must have been glimpses from your past. 'Who was that girl then? Is she someone who was close to me? Why was I underground the entire time? Who is my Mom? Is everyone alright?' So many questions filled your head as you looked about the room, before your eyes landed on your bag under the window. One question stood out from the rest. 'What did that memory mean?'