[26] Jealousy

*Second Person POV*

        After yesterday's Rumblehorn incident, you find that you rarely have time alone anymore. Varor is constantly by your side, going everywhere you go. You didn't mind it though, since he was only following you around and not fussing over you like he did when your hand had gotten hurt. It's sorta to be expected since he's your guardian and all, but you wouldn't mind maybe a little space time to time.

        "We're here." You said to Varor, standing in front of the training area. Hiccup had arranged another training session now that he has some free time.

        Skyler nudges your uninjured hand, as you stand in front of the building. Your eyes travel to her right wing, it was unbandaged this morning. She's isn't cleared for long flights or you riding her, but she can glide to places now to help her regain the wing's strength. Remus has been keeping an eye on her, making sure that she doesn't push her wing too much. It's kinda cute to see Remus act like some sorta dragon guardian to Skyler. Like for example, this morning Skyler had climbed to the roof of Hiccup's house, and was gliding over to other rooftops while Remus flew beside her.  Steadying her out with a gentle push if she became unbalanced.

        You shook your head to bring yourself back into the present when you both entered the training area, being the last of the group to arrive.

        "Took you two long enough, I was getting bored." Complained Snotlout, who is leaning against the wall at the very back of the arena with everyone else.

        "Oh, I'm truly sorry that we failed to arrive on time to entertain you, because that was totally the reason we came." Varor taunted Snotlout with a sarcastic apology, making an angry look come across Snotlout's features.

        "Varor!" You playfully scolded him, pushing him away with your arm, making him stumble for a moment and laugh. When you looked to Hiccup for today's plans, you swore you saw a frown directed at Varor for a split second.

        "Ahem, attention please!" Hiccup shouted out, bringing both Viking's and dragon's attention to him. "Okay so today we're focusing on close combat without our dragons. We never know when we could encounter another situation like Melody Isle where (Y/N) and Varor had to escape with no help from their dragons." Hiccup pointed out. You had to admit, you could use some lessons for fighting, you know just relying on instincts will only take you so far. Also, you want to learn how to kick that jerk's butt that had tricked you back in those tunnels.

        "But training without our dragons isn't as fun." Whined Ruffnut, who was probably looking forward to blasting at you when Hiccup is gone.

        "It's as important to train without our dragons as well as with them. We're starting off with target practice, then sparring with a dummy, and then amongst ourselves. Did everyone get that?" Hiccup clapped his hands together.

        "Hey Fishlegs! I bet I can hit more targets than you!" Challenged Snotlout.

        "Your on!" Fishlegs accepted, running over to the weapon rack near the targets set around on the wall.

        "I call the spear!" Tuffnut declared, dashing off to get the spear leaning on the rack.

        "Hey! I wanted the spear!" Ruffnut complained, running after her.

        You just stood there, watching them go. You are perfectly fine with the new dagger Gobber made you resting in its holder on your belt.

You saw Astrid take a place in front of a target at the far end, take her signature axe from her back and throw it. Hitting the target on the outer ring of the center with enough force to almost cut through it. Everyone's dragons went to the other end of the training area and just socialized with each other.