20 - Marriage fixing

Varma family
Writers pov

It was almost 6. 30 evening everyone at Varma family are now expecting their guests. All elders are already present at the main living area. Elder women's are again checking all the arrangements. Boys are busy with their mobile and girls are busy with their chatting . Avantika was inside her room . Nivi was still asleep
Suddenly sita informed them that the guests are arrived. Everyone get ready to receive them .

Almost everyone was there from Siddarth's family including his sister and his three friends. Varma family invited them with a great smile. Everyone got seated . At first elders renew their old friendship and they shared some good moments. Elders chatting were progressing siddarth sit their silently or probably he was nervous and his friends were teasing him. After sometime Avantika come to the lime light and maid accompanied her with other food and drink items she seated beside Siddarth's sister Riddhima and his sister in-laws. She was shy and didn't look at anyones face. Now it's the time for introducing the family members .

First chance was for Khuranas and second Varma family. After introducing Varma family members , nivi's grandma looks hear and there and called Sita .

"Sita, where is Nivi ? Go and call her , tell her that I am calling her down" grand ma said in a serious tone.

Now everyone was curiously looking at grand ma . Geeta was fuming in anger and look at her husband Sudheep. Inorder to break the silence Kalyani aunty insisted them to eat something.

upstairs sita was banging on nivi's door but she was dead asleep. Later after many calls she opened her eyes and heard Sita calling her . She walked towards the door in half sleep and opened the door.

Nivi's pov

"What is it Sita ? Not letting me sleep" I asked her while I took a Yuan

" Didi please come down fast, guests are already arrived, grandma wants you to go down at this moment. Please didi come with me otherwise dadi will scold me" she was literally jumping on floor due to tension.

But I was in a horrible look, my shirt was half inched , I was wearing a capri pants and don't tell about my face and hair. Hair was just like birds nest and face was bloated due to the sleep. Sita began to drag me towards downstairs on the way I tried to fix my hair. At living room I stand at the side of my cousins. Now everyones focus changed to me. I stood there like a mannequin. My grandma introduced me to them.

" This is Nivedita, my son, sudheep's third daughter and Avantika's little sister "

I said namaste to them . Now here we meet , the great arrogant jerk. Our eyes meet , he looked at me with a surprise also his friends. I noticed that his eyes were wide open and his friends mouth also. He looked at Avantika , she has a mixed feelings and she wisperd something to his ears.

I stood there without uttering a word obviously it was boring because there wasn't any role for me and I was looking here and there. Sometimes I noticed that the girls from the groom's side was looking at me very curiously may be because of my appearance.

When my mother invited them for the dinner I took that chance and ran towards my room and locked the door. I don't want to see his face anymore.

Sid's POV

When I see that girl at Avantika's house I was shocked then they introduced her as Avantika's sister I got a feeling that I was dreaming. Before taking the dinner I called Avantika and asked her about that girl.

"Avantika I think you need to explain me something. That girl, what's her name?" I asked her by crossing my hands across my chest and ready to hear her explanation.

"Nivedita , her name is Nivedita and yes she is my sister . Sorry that I didn't tell you earlier infact Sid I also don't know that she was coming to court as an eyewitness she didn't gave me any clue otherwise I would have stopped her" Avantika was nervous her eyes says everything, she was twisting her fingers.

" I didn't scold you Avantika relax , I am not Angry at you, it's just I was shocked . I never expect that girl I mean your sister Nivedita here that's why I asked you. it's ok leave it anyway we all are going to become a family." I consoled her suddenly she leaned towards my shoulder and she was crying.

I don't know what to do. I feel uncomfortable but I didn't do anything. Later my friends came towards us I took that chance to make a distance from Avantika. She go to the dining area.

I know as much as I was curious my friends were also want to know about Nivedita

" Sid is that really true that girl is Avantika's sister" veer asked me in surprise face

" Ya that's true, Avantika's doesn't know that she was going to become an eyewitness for that case" I told them by leaning my one side towards the wall.

" Wow I like this twist, what a combination between sister in-law and brother in law. These are may be called as god's games" Ashish said it by a chuckle and give a hi five hit to other two.
While moving towards dining area we talked about Nivedita.

" I think this girl Nivedita is little different from others in every means.do you guys notice her dressing style , hair, behaviour everything was just opposite from other girls and name also , all her cousin's names are starting with A and her it's N , do you guys notice?". Ashish observations was right she is different from others in every manner.

Suddenly we saw Nivedita coming from opposite side of us , she was looking at us we stopped walking and stand there without moving an inch she made an eye contact with everyone and fastly move towards us just like she is going to beat one of us . When she came near to us took a sudden right turn and opened a door at which we were standing and slam that door with a great force due to the silence the sound was little high and I know that she shut that door to our face
.

" Arrogant girl, " I mumbled to myself.

Aadarsh give me a simple smile as tap on my Shoulder I didn't get its meaning. Suddenly veer said something.

" She is just my type, Rebel and don't care attitude to this world, I like these kind of girls" veer said it by a sweet smile on his face , he was not looking at us
I don't know why but i didn't like it.

After having dinner together we chatted for some more time . Avantika was talking about something to me but I didn't noticed it I was busy with my phone. But I didn't see Nivedita anywhere . She doesn't even come to have dinner with us Avantika's grandmother was wispering something to their maid while we were having our dinner and after that she took a food tray and went to upstairs may be food for Nivedita. Why can't she join with us . Nothing is there to showing this much attitude . Eventhough I didn't forget anything that she had done but now we all are going to become a family she have to come and talk to us that's the manners. I was right she is an arrogant girl with full of attitude. I don't like such girls.

Our marriage is fixed every one was happy , they shared sweets between them to show the happiness . I didn't have any kind of feeling I just smiled at them a fake smile . It's decided that at this Deepawali we will celebrate it together in Varma 's house. Aft
er wishing a good night to each other we went back to our house . Before I get into car Avantika was waving her hands to me but my eyes were searching for Nivedita but she was no where to seen . Later when I sat on the back seat of my car I noticed one girl was standing near the window of an upstair room , face was not clear probably every family members were down Inorder to see off us. So that girl should be Nivedita but she was busy with her phone. We went back to our house.