33- Marriage against my will

Nivi's POV

After so many days this was the first time I came downstairs and meeting everyone. But not according to my will , Sita informed me that dad wants to talk to me. I know he wants to say about packing me to abroad. I go down every one was present there . I stared at Rupa aunty she is the reason for which I am facing all these. I stood at the side of a pillar and I put my head down Ronitha di came and stand beside me, I felt little better . They put the topic infront of me without any arguments I agreed to them , because now I don't even want to stay here for a moment. But to my surprise suddenly some guests came into our house. It was Khuranas. I took a glance at everyone. There was some gift packets , sweet packets in the hands of Siddarth's sister in-law. His sister was holding a thali , it seems like a Shagun ki thali. Suddenly I noticed that siddarth was staring at me I felt little discomfortable . I tried to look somewhere else but this time his face expression was something else. But I won't ever forget his Angry face , it scares me to death. As the conversation between elders progresses my mother brought some drinks and eatables for them. Avantika was also behind her she passed a smile to everyone a special wink to siddarth. I felt that they came to talk about the marriage because there was Shagun ki thali. So I decided to go upstairs , me standing there will make everything worst. Before I kept my foot on stairs , I heard their conversation and stood there like an ice berg.

" Actually we came to ask Nivedita's hand for Siddarth, I want them to get married" said by Siddarth's dad.

I turned and looked at them and others face has same reaction as mine, a shocked face

" I know , what all happened was wrong, but that all are in the past now , both our families name got ruined , so now it would be better if I marry Nivedita" said Siddarth

" Siddarth , we already discussed about everything right, then why are you saying this now?" Asked by Avantika.

" Avantika , I am sorry . When you talked to me I was dismayed. But when I think about it our marriage at this condition it can't happen. Now it will be better if I marry Nivedita so the media's will also shut their mouth. " Siddarth tried to convince Avantika.

" I need permission from Nivedita's parents as well as grand parents. It will be difficult for you to digest the matters . But just think about it both mine and Nivedita name got ruined, Avantika become the victim so she is getting everyones sympathy unlike Nivedita , were everyone is blaming her and calling her a whore" said siddarth ,

when he called me a whore, I looked at his face. By looking through my eyes he called me a whore. How dare he? Avantika was crying and her mother consoled her.

" But I don't want to marry you" I walked towards them and said in a serious tone.

" Oh come on Nivedita this is not the time to show your pride and all. This is the time to act like a dutyfull daughter . You want your dad and other family members to walk in this society by keeping their heads down. I won't have any problems since I am a man everything get back to normal, but for you it will be difficult in future. I am asking you to become my wife not anything else" Siddarth said in an unexpected calm voice.

"I don't want to hear anything . This is my last decision I am not marrying you. I already decided to go to UK for my further studies. So guys don't have to worry about me.i will get vanished from this country" I said. Siddarth face expression changes,

" Uncle please try to make her understand , if she just run off from here that will create more problems, reporters will write anything according to their imagination.. you are also a High ranked govt official , you also got some name and reputation in society. do you want media to cook up things on their own". Sid was trying his best to explain everything to him . But I stood firmly..

Suddenly my grandma dragged to inside her room everyone looks up with a shocked face due to her sudden act .

" Why can't you marry him? " Dadi asked me by closing the door

" Dadi how can I? He was going to marry Avantika di, only just before few hours everything got turn around. Avantika di still loves him , you already seen it . After knowing everything how can I marry him" I asked her.

" Girl , are you a fool, from childhood to till now everyone mocked you , made fun of you, blamed for everything which you doesn't even know, still you are defending for them. You never thought to get out from this hell , even for once? If no , then I always wanted it. Now you are getting a chance to save yourself from here , you are ignoring it" dadi asked me by holding on my shoulders.

" Dadi me and siddarth can't be together , other than hate there is nothing in between us. Without a bit of love how can I marry someone" I asked her.

" Nivedita my child, love can happen at any time any moment. May be you don't love him now, but who knows in future you will fall for him" she asked me by raising her eyebrows.

"That won't happen ever dadi.so it's a big no for me" I crossed my hands infront of her.

" Nivi , do you love me? If yes then please marry Siddarth. If no , then do as you wish, and don't ever come to see me again , you are not even allowed to see my dead body. Get out from my room" dadi said in a serious tone . I think she is serious at this time.

After so many arguments with me and dadi. Atlast I agree to marry Siddarth only for the sake of family.

Dadi brought me back to the living room and said my decision. Khuranas become happy but my own family members face was like bee sting on their face. I looked at Ronitha she was looking at me like , " what the hell are you doing Nivedita" kind expression. Shagun ki thali for my marriage was received by my father because my mother was hesitant to receive it. Avantika just run towards her room .

Siddarth's sister put a gold bangle into my hand as a gesture of accepting me to Khurana family. After that everything was really fast. After two days my marriage date is fixed. I saw a smrink on Siddarth's face which I doesn't feel good. I just stared at him.

After they leaved , everyone from my family went back to their room by giving a death stare at me. Dad just rub my hair and patted on my shoulder and went inside by giving a sad smile. I only get blessings from my grandparents after that they went inside. Rupa aunty was there I stared at her and gave her an evil smile eventhough I didn't mean it but this was the only expression which I could give her.

I came into my room and Ronitha di was just behind me. I begged her to not to ask me anything now. I just need some rest. I will explain everything later. She just wished me a good night and went back to her room.

I laid on my bed suddenly my phone rang. I checked the number and it was a private number. I took the call

" Hello" i said

" Hi my would be wife" response from other side

From that arrogant sound I realised it was Siddarth.

" What you want?" I asked in a rough sound.

" Oh ! Angry with me right? It's ok I can understand your feelings. I just want to say that, tomorrow you come to my office after 5 pm . I want to discuss something serious matter with you." He said in a serious tone.

Without hearing my side he cut the call. I threw my phone to sofa due to anger. And slept by digging my head into the bed.