Chapter 10

Playlist ♪♫

"My biggest regrets in life are being too damn nice, apologizing when I didn't do anything wrong, and making unworthy people a priority in life." - Lomasdope.com/Pinterest

Emerald's POV

I woke up early and decided to go for a run. I ate too many food last night and I needed exercise to burn all that calories. I went to the park, jogging and did some stretching for an hour. Afterwards, I dropped by at the tea shop and grabbed a matcha green tea frappe.

I roamed around the palace, looking thoroughly at the building itself, the external designs and structures, the moldings and layouts. Inside, I observed every detail of the interior designs and ornaments. 

I was in the hallway, alone. I closed my eyes, feeling the place... the ambiance... to internalize the surroundings for inspiration, so I could come up a beautiful design for the crown when suddenly someone barked at me. 

"You again?!"

I jolted and opened my eyes abruptly. In front of me were the two girls I bumped into yesterday.

"What are you doing here in the Palace? Tourist are not allowed here early in the morning." The girl wearing pink dress yesterday reprimanded me. Her eyes were sharp and accusing. Pink must be her favorite color. She was wearing an all neon pink gym outfit and footwear. The very bright color hurt my eyes.

"I'm a visitor here. Actually, I'm staying here."

"Ohhh! A visitor." The other girl, in lavender dress yesterday, said sarcastically. "So, what is your business here in the Palace?"

"I don't think I'm allowed to say it, but I'm working with the royal household." I said firmly, in a very professional way.

"Really? Then you should act like an employee. You're like a queen roaming around the palace as if you own it. And THAT thing is prohibited inside." She pointed at my matcha green tea frappe. "Be thankful that I'm in a good mood today, or else I'll report you and have you in prison."

What? Prison for this? I looked at my half-consumed frappe. I don't think so. These girls are dumb. 

"Yeah! And you should curtsy on us. We're royals!" Miss Neon Pink raised an eyebrow, studying me from head to toe.

You wish! I would not lower myself into these two dumbass bitches. If they wanted respect from me, then they should show respect to me first. Respect is not imposed or begged. It should be earned and offered.

"Here." I gave my matcha green tea frappe to Miss Neon Pink and she took it.

"Ew! What's this for?"

"Take it with both of you. The trash gets picked up today. Be ready." I lifted my chin and left them speechless. 

___

Harry called me at eight in the morning. My heart hammering foolishly the moment I heard his voice. Since last night, I started thinking more and more about him.

No. This is so bad. I shouldn't act like a lovesick young girl anymore. I was over him a long time ago. I did not want to get hurt again. He was only treating me as a friend.

"I'm sorry. I can't see you today. Something came up and I have to attend to it immediately." I could hear the disappointment in his voice. 

"It's okay. Just do your job, that's the most important thing. I'll still be here in the next few days, so there's a lot of time to explore."

"I promise, I'll make it up to you. We'll go somewhere fancy next time."

"It's okay. I enjoyed our adventure last night. It was my first time in a motorbike."

It's true. I realized that it doesn't  have to be a fancy place in order to enjoy and have a great time. What is important is the person you're with and the adventure that you've both enjoyed and experienced.  

I've been living a very sheltered life ever since I was born. Growing up in a very protective family,  my parents would not allow me to go out often. I remembered when I was in Senior High. They had to do background investigation first  or screen the people I hung out with. 

He laughed a little. A laugh that sounded so deep and sexy. "I'm glad you liked it. I had a great time too." He paused and I could hear him sighed heavily. "Anyway... there's a visitor in the palace today. I'm occupied until this evening. So, I'll be seeing you tomorrow?"

"Sure. I'll be busy making the designs too."

"Good... good." He answered, then we said goodbye. 

I started making the designs of the crown and coordinating with my master craft designer in New York to improvise, making it in digital 3D imagery. We needed to make sure also if we could acquire the gemstones from our suppliers. 

"Have you seen Prince Philip?" My personal assistant, Cathy asked me . She had a thing for celebrities. Any gossips and rumors, she was updated. 

"Yeah. I bumped into him, yesterday."

"Reallyyyy!!! Wow... You're so lucky. I read an article in the internet just now that someone recognized him last night. He took his date in a night market. Isn't that cool? I'd go anywhere he'd take me, I swear!" She shrieked with excitement.

"In a night market? Hmm.. I was with Harry in a night market last night. I haven't seen him."

"Ahh.. maybe you guys were too early."

"Yeah, we were."

___

After I had my lunch, there was a knock on the door. I opened the door, it was the King's messenger. 

"The King apologized for this short notice, Miss Petrakis." The messenger said, then gave me a glossy gold envelope. 

I opened it and I was surprised. An invitation for a Royal Dinner. Tonight.

Darn it. I don't have a gown to wear!

**Don't forget to Vote and Share to your friends**