Chapter 45

Emerald's POV

My head hurts listening to dad's ranting about Harry over breakfast. He was just repeating every word he'd said. While I was eating faster so I could leave the table.

"I should have put a shotgun on his head or at his dick for sleeping with you last night." Dad raised his hand in exasperation.

"I told you, nothing happened. We were just sleeping together. He was hurt after you and Zion attacked him." I heaved a sigh then drank my tea.

"Don't lie to me Emerald, I'm not stupid. The way he touched you in front of me... that asshole has no respect at all!"

"Harry is an affectionate man and he was just showing how much he care for Emmie." Mom came to the rescue.

"HA! If you've seen, I'm sure you'll freak out honey. I don't even touch your butt in front of everyone that we're married for years!" Dad turned his attention to mom. 

"The generation right now is too different from ours. They're more expressive." 

"Nah-- he's disrespectful calling me old man."

Mom shook her head and touched his arm, a way of telling him to calm down. "You're calling him British boy. Why can't you call him his own name?"

"Because... " Dad paused, I knew he was trying to find a good reason for his action. "Eversince, he was a naughty boy, teasing Emerald when she was too young."

"He was just a boy, now he's a matured man. He's even trained to take a big responsibility - to rule England." I reasoned out, hoping he would see sense. I loved dad but he was acting too childish taking things personally.

"Why in the world England chose him as the next king? Is there no other heir in the throne?"

I rolled my eyes, feeling so disappointed the dad was not in good terms with Harry. I loved them both and I did not want them to have conflict with each other. 

Mom and I just looked at each other. Dad was silent when we did not reply to his question. Finally, the morning session of preaching was over. 

Later in the afternoon, I was able to sneak out of the house, pretending to be one of the security guards. There were some media reporters outside waiting to interview me. But it was not the right time to face them. It was better off saying nothing at all about Regina Stone's case, until the court hearing would be over. 

I went to the office to check the progress of the Queen's crown in the production department. Harry gave me an idea last night to change the exhibit's theme to royals and crowns, since the Queen's crown would be the highlight of the event. I discussed it to my master jewellery designers and they loved the idea. I showed them all the designs I made while I was in the royal palace and we started working on it double time in preparation for our first Jewellery exhibit. 

Harry's POV

I looked at the ring on my hand, my grandmother's engagement ring. My chest felt so heavy that Emerald's dad would not allow me to propose to her. 

"Why he could not like me?" I looked at Archie whose ears immediately stood up, watching me. "I love his daughter so much, I'll take care of her and make her happy."

Archie wagged his tail and put his front feet on my knee, looking at me. 

"What should I do?" I exhaled heavily, half lying on the couch. "I should talk to him, right?"