Chapter 32

*For all boys who read this story*

Playlist ♪♫

"I would rather spend one lifetime with you, than face all the ages of this world alone." Lord of the Rings 

Emerald's POV

I was informed by the household staff that they took Archie in the vet clinic. He needed to get some shots. They found a few scabs on him that needed to be treated immediately. They would also pamper him today, by giving bath, good grooming and massage.

Harry called me at ten in the morning. He informed me that he was already in the countryside for a medical mission. He would be back in the palace at around six and we could have dinner together. 

"I miss you already, I can't wait." 

"I miss you more, my sweet angel." His voice was so deep and sensual. "Have fun today and explore the palace. Tomorrow, I'm going to take you around the city. There are a lot of places I want you to see. And different food I want you to taste. You will love England, it's a beautiful country.

"I'm learning to love it already, Harry." It became easier because you're here. I wanted to add.

Then I heard a woman's voice, with a familiar accent calling him. 'Prince Philip, you said you'll show me the vineyard.' Then she giggled.

"I have to go." He remarked with a gloomy sigh.

"Harry, wait..."

"I really have to go. We'll talk later, Emerald. Bye." He said abruptly and put down the phone. He never even waited for me to say I love you to him. He was in a hurry to take Princess Camila to the vineyard. 

I could not help remembering what happened when we were in a vineyard, and that was barely a week ago. It started with a  deep searching kiss, and ended up getting naked in the shower. 

I knew how my relationship with Harry progressing quickly, like a whirlwind romance. In my opinion, it did not really matter how slow or quick the new romance escalated, as long as we felt that we were soulmates. The connection was there and the romance was great. He swept me off my feet and I knew that what we have is perfect.

I love Harry and I trust him. No matter how many Princesses out there who would flirt on him, they could never take him away from me. We love each other. And love means, absolute trust. 

____

I went to the Royal Gift Shop after lunch. I joined the crowd of excited tourists. I got fascinated looking at their new stocks. Cute palace guardsman teddy bears that I would definitely buy for Crystal, new designs of China wares that I knew mom would love, mugs for dad, and baby stuff - soon for Zion and Claire's baby. I also bought some items for grandma Nina, grandpa Markos, and for aunt Chloe and her family. I asked that in-charged in the shop to have the items delivered to our address in New York. 

Afterwards, I decided to grab some cake at the snack bar. I was on my way there when I caught a man took a picture of me. I looked directly at him, but he just ignored me and took pictures of the flowers and monuments behind me. I was wrong. I thought he was a paparazzi. They were banned inside the palace. 

I ordered a red velvet cake with mint tea, and took a table outside the bar. I took my phone and opened my Facebook account. I enjoyed looking at the pictures of my friends and reading the comments. I scanned the posts and pictures, until I saw pictures of Harry and Princess Camila. They were having lunch together, laughing together like they shared a joke. There was another picture of them with their hands clasped together. What?! I felt a sudden squeezing pain in my chest. And the last picture was intimate. Harry's arm was around Princess Camila's shoulders. 

What's going on? 

I could not believe that Harry did this. Why is he touching her- like this! I glared at the picture. Jealousy and anger mixed together, made me want to scream.

I took a big bite of my cake angrily, when I heard a familiar voice said behind me. 

"Finally, I found you."

Oh God. Wrong timing. I was affected about Harry and Princess Camila and seeing a friend was not very appealing at that moment.

"Hi, Kevin." I greeted him as he sat down on an empty chair beside me. "What are you doing here in England?"

He chuckled. "From the tone of your voice, I can feel that you're not excited to see me."

"Please, don't be too sensitive. I'm just surprised to see you."

He gave me his sweetest boyish smile and said. "I'm sorry."

I felt guilty for being mean to him. Kevin was always so nice and caring to me. He was very patient and listened whenever I have problems. He never complained.

"I called you several times, texted you but you could not be reached. I'm worried about that scandal with the prince. I'm here to check if you're okay. What's going on? Is that true?"

"That's not true."

He heaved a sigh of relief. "I know you can't do that, Emerald. You won't do a scandal like that." He clasped my hand tightly, raising it to his lips. I pulled my hand when he kissed my knuckles.

"Thank you, Kevin for your concern, I really appreciate it." I put my hands on my lap, keeping it away from him. "But it's not really necessary for you to travel all the way here for that. Everything was handled well by the palace."

"Ah- I love you so much, Emerald. I wouldn't have any peace of mind until I'd see you safe. Besides, I don't trust these English people, especially that guy, Harry. He lied his identity to you. He should have told you that he's the prince!" Kevin looked suddenly angry. It was so weird that he was acting like a protective boyfriend all of a sudden.

"Kevin... please. You don't love me."

He laughed a little, then touched my cheek. "You know I love you, from the very start. I wouldn't have invested my time with you if I don't. I know you feel the same way too."

"No... of course not." I inhaled deeply, trying to remain calm. "I told you ever since that we're just hanging out as friends. I made it clear to you."

"Well, you were not showing it in your actions. Technically, we were exclusively dating. You're my girlfriend in every sense of the word."

My temper flared immediately. Why it was so hard to explain to him? "I don't love you - not that way, Kevin."

"You will learn." He insisted. 

"Stop it, will you? Okay, I'll tell you the truth. I have a boyfriend already. Harry... Prince Philip is my boyfriend. We have this attraction between us, for too long already. A connection, so real and special... that turned to love."

"You're kidding me, right?" 

"I'm sorry, but I'm not. I love him."

"You mean, I wasted my time coming here in England?!" His face looked so upset. He stood up and pulled me up. 

"Stop it, you're hurting me." I pulled my arm away from him, but he was so strong. He wouldn't let me go.

"And what did you do to me, huh? You've hurt my feelings. You have no mercy, Emerald."

I was surprised when he suddenly yanked me towards him. I was caught off guard when he suddenly kissed me on my lips. 

I swear, I saw a flash of a camera in front of us.

*Don't forget to Vote and Share this story*