Chapter 46

Emerald's POV

I miss Harry.

It had been two weeks since he left for England. He could not leave the country because his grandfather decided to take a two weeks off from the palace and went to the countryside to enjoy the nature and some fresh air. 

Harry had to do and take care of the king's engagement. He attended meetings in the monarchy, talked to different British government departments,  travelling to other cities, doing endless paperworks and many more. 

Thanks to the powerful world of social media, we got to talk and video call everyday. It eased the loneliness of missing each other, but just a bit. It could not compare being with each other, where we could talk and express our love personally. 

After our company won the case against the Stone Jewellery Company, I was able to include in my Jewellery exhibit my original designs. Because of what Regina did, people got very excited to get into my exhibit and see the original designs. 

The Stone's company paid two hundred million dollars for all the damages they'd cause in our company - design theft, plagiarism including threats, libel and moral damages. 

I was still very busy preparing for our first Jewellery exhibit. The Queen's Crown was nearly done and it would be the highlight of the exhibit. The new jewellery designs we made were inspired in the Royal Palace. Harry suggested it and it was indeed a brilliant idea. 

We made royal crown rings, earrings, bracelet and pendants. Little tiaras, clips and brooches with varied designs and gems used. It was exquisite and elegant, much beautiful than our original designs stole by the Stone's company.

"What the hell! Why is this dog inside the house!" I heard someone yelled downstairs. 

My goodness. Is that dad? He's home early too?

I was home early and in my room to change. A maid told me that  Crystal took Archie for a walk. I wondered what happened.

I was at the hall upstairs when I saw Archie in the living room making a low rumble growl at dad.

"Archie!" I shouted. Both Dad and Archie looked at me. Archie wagged his tail happily while dad glared at me. Harry left Archie to me when he went back to England. 

"He's going to attack me!" 

"He won't. Archie is a good dog, dad." I ran downstairs and took Archie's leash, holding him closed to me. 

"How sure are you? I don't trust that beast." He looked at the floor and his face turned into a mask of anger.

Oh my goodness. There were many paw prints of mud in the newly cleaned carpet. When I arrived home, the staff just finished having a general cleaning.

I heaved a sigh and apologized to dad. "I'm so sorry dad."

"Get that dog out of here and tell the staff to clean the carpet right away." He muttered and looked around. "Where's your mom?"

"She's upstairs. I heard she's taking a bath."

"Good." He nodded and ran upstairs. He stopped and his mood suddenly brightened. "Oops, Emmie! We have guests tonight, wear a very nice dress."

Guests? Wear a very nice dress? So that's the reason why the staff had a general cleaning in the mansion, and the chefs are now very busy in the kitchen. 

Crystal came running from the kitchen, holding a glass of water. "I'm sorry, Emmie. I was so thirsty... " Her eyes widened in a panic when she saw the paw prints on the carpet. "Oh my God, mom will freak out if she'll see these. She said we have important guests tonight."

"Who?"

"I don't know... " She shrugged her shoulders and grabbed Archie's leash. "I heard mom and dad talking about a handsome gentleman. Someone they want you to marry."

"What? Are you serious?"

"Actually... I don't really know. Forget what I've said. I'm sure I heard them wrong."

"I hope so." I heaved a long sigh. I did not know how I'd react if my parents would step so low in arranging a marriage for me. 

We're not in the medieval times anymore, arranged marriage is not a thing anymore. If still is, they could never force me to marry a stranger.

After I called a household help to take care of the muddy carpet, Crystal and I went to the garden and played with Archie. It was still five in the afternoon, we had enough time to prepare for dinner. 

"How does it feel to have a boyfriend, Emmie?" Crystal asked when we were in the gazebo. "Is it true that your hands sweat crazily, your heart beats really fast and your knees buckle weakly when you stare at the man you love?"

I smiled at Crystal and curled my legs on the padded chair. "Yeah, you're right. How did you learn about these things?"

"From books and movies." She giggled and petted Archie. She was already seventeen and soon she would experience being in love also. 

"Getting in a relationship is not always easy. There's ups and downs. When you're in one, you'll realized that it's not as grand as what you've read in young adult novels or as amazing as what we saw in romantic movies."

"Really? I thought you're always happy with Harry." She looked at me with a confused expression.

"Of course I am. Being in a relationship with him is so sweet, delightful... and magical."

"I can imagine already. He's a real prince!" 

I nodded and heaved a long sigh. "But every relationship is not like a fairy tale. We also argue on something, have petty quarrels and misunderstandings. But what is important is open communication. We talk about our differences, then learn to adjust to each other's traits and accept our faults. Forgiveness and continue the journey of loving each other."

"Love sounds so complicated."

"No it's not. Love is never complicated. It's the situation, the circumstances that make it complicated. Just like now, it really bothers me that dad doesn't like Harry."

Crystal sat beside me and hugged me. "I can't believe that dad is turning into a bad wolf."

I laughed and hugged her back. "Maybe he's going through a mid-life crisis."

"Really?" She straightened and made Archie sat between us on the couch. "Mom said that dad was probably jealous of Harry. He can't accept that you're a grown up woman now and want to have a life of your own."

"Yeah. Dad loves us and always very protective of his family." I shrugged my shoulders and continued. "I just hope everything will be alright between dad and Harry. I love them both and I want them to get along."

"Don't worry, Emmie. Soon they will."

"I know." 

I petted Archie and leaned my face on his head. I just hoped that it would be sooner. I could not bear the tension whenever they were in the same room. As what Crystal said, like a wolf ready to eat his prey.

"I'm scared of getting a boyfriend now. I don't want dad to get mad."

"No... don't be scared. You deserve to experience being in a relationship for yourself." I removed a strand of hair out of her face. "Be brave. Fight for your happiness and for the man deserving of your love."

"I'll remember that, Emmie." 

"Come on, let's prepare for dinner. The visitors will be arriving soon." I stood up, drawing her up.

"Yeah, we have to get dress. Do I have to wear a very nice dress too?" She looked puzzled, looking down at her jeans and white blouse. 

"I guess so. That's what dad said."

"Hmm...  but he said it to you only, Emmie. Do you think I'm right? The visitor is a man he wants you to marry?"

My heart immediately sank so deep in the pacific ocean. I hope Crystal is not right.

*Don't forget to Vote, Comment and Share to your friends*