Chapter 38

Emerald's POV

The dinner haven't started and yet I created a chaos already drinking that wine. When should I learn that I should stay away from alcohol, ever!

I went down at Harry's side on the floor. Seeing his nose bleeding and a cut on his lower lip made me sober.

Dad and Zion's reaction went overboard. I loved them but their very protective attitude was very annoying sometimes. Like what happened now. They did not give Harry and I a chance to explain first.

But who would want an explanation. I spelled the beans! What I said was enough to upset them. 

Darn it, I was so stupid, asking them about silly question - without filter. I gave them too much information on what was going on between me and Harry. I cringed at the thought. 

My goodness! What is wrong with me. What I did was so embarrassing.

Harry groaned and touched his arm. 

"Are you okay?" I asked him, but when his lips twisted, I realized I asked him a very silly question.

"I need an explanation on this." He sat up slowly, looking really upset. I understood him being in a situation where he was suddenly brawled by two men whom he considered as family, without any idea why. 

"I'm so sorry. Um, I told them about us."

"They disagree on us together?" He looked so disappointed, pressing his lips together and muttered. "I was right. They don't approve of me."

"No, I don't think so. They were just surprised when they found out about us. It's my fault too that I said it so wrong." 

"What did you say?"

I scratched my temple, biting my lower lip. "I'll tell you." I gestured my head towards the balcony and he nodded. I needed a lot of courage to tell him now cause it would be so awkward.

____

"You told them that?" Harry's eyes went round and dropped the ice pack on the table. 

I nodded slowly, feeling so embarrassed telling him. "I mess up again drinking that wine."

"Oh God, Emerald. No wonder they hit me so hard." He said, rubbing his jaw. 

"I'm sorry. I can't blame you if you hate me now."

He looked at me for a moment, then shook his head. "No. I can never hate you. It's just that, I'm still trying to process what you've said. I don't know if I have to laugh or be embarrassed about it." He ran his hand through his wavy hair. "I don't think I can face your family right now."

"Me too." I gave him my sad guilt look. 

We both looked at each other then burst out a controlled laugh. 

"You're a very funny girl, Emerald. You always amused me." He took my hand and pulled me closer to him. His expression immediately changed, giving me a serious look. "I should be the one apologising. I doubted your feelings for me. I was so jealous of that guy and accused you of lying. I'm so sorry, my sweet angel."

I gave him a smile, to show that I forgave him. "I'm not the same self centered spoiled brat that you used to know, Harry. I grew up and still trying to change my negative ways."

"I realized that when we were in the cottage. But the jealousy I felt seeing you with another man drove me crazy. I became very possessive of you that it brought out the worse in me. I know it's a great turn off on you that I showed this bad side of me, but I'll change that, I promise. Just give me another chance. We can work this out. I love you so much, Emerald. I regretted what I said to you and I wished I could turn back the clock to change it. I suffered, I became miserable, missing you terribly, everyday." His voice was shaking and his expression looked so sad. 

"I feel the same way, Harry."

I could see the fire in his eyes as it brightened. 

"But..."

The glow died and replaced with worry. "But what?" He asked. 

"We started a relationship so fast, like a whirlwind romance. We did not have time to get to know each other well - not as friends, but in a relationship."

"We can get to know better in the process or we can take things easy if you want. Just don't push me away. I don't think I can handle that."

"Even if you have to keep up with my dad and brother?"

He looked heavenward then smiled at me. "Even that. I would rather get punches than being miserable all my life."

I melted knowing that he would fight to keep our relationship. I loved him so much and I was miserable about what happened between us. Something inside me died that drained off my energy to pursue my dreams, be happy and live life to the fullest. Being with Harry was my happiness. It brought more meaning in my life. 

"Oh Harry." I went to his arms as he gathered me so close to him. I missed the feel of his warm body, his arms around me and his male scent that I inhaled deeply. "I love you too."

"I thought you're not going to say that." He sighed with relief as he ran his hand on my hair, his other hand skimming my waist and my hips. He planted a kiss on my lips and he yelped with pain. 

I rained kisses on his face, loving the feel of him. His hand tracing the column of my spine downwards sending delicious sensations all over my insides. I jerked when I felt his other hand went under the hem of my dress, skimming my thigh. "Harry, we have to take things easy."

His hand instantly stopped and dropped on my side. "It was just a suggestion."

"But it's right." I kissed his cheek again and invited him inside the house to join the others. 

He hesitated at first, but I assured him that he'd be fine. "I'll protect you, my prince."

*Don't forget to Vote*