Chapter 21

*Dedicated to all who walk and read at the same time*

_______

Playlist ♪♫

"The one who is meant for you encourages you to be your best, but still loves and accepts you at your worst." - sayingimages.com/quotes-about-relationship-and-love

Harry's POV

I was on my laptop encoding the details of my next government project, but the cursor in the monitor stayed on the same position for nearly an hour already. My attention diverted to Emerald, sitting on the couch with her sexy legs raised on top of the center table. Very distracting. She was so engrossed reading a recipe book. While the stray dog getting so cozy beside her. Sprawled on the couch with its  face rested on her thigh. Damn dog. Every time I moved, its eyes grew bigger and focused on me. I don't like this dog. Well, I'm not really fond of dogs, cats or any other pets.

I wonder if she's affected by the kiss, as I am right now? It's like an ache that sparked by that indelible kiss.

It was mind blowing. Dammit. I could still taste her on my lips - even though I ate, drink plenty of water and brushed my teeth. 

I was dying to kiss her and it just intensified that moment in the bathroom. She looked so beautiful and radiant like a sun. When we kissed, I felt her fire burning, turned me into flame. It took me a lot of willpower to stop, before I'd lost control and made love with here there and then. 

Oh God, I'm so busted. I don't know how Zion would react once he'd find out that I kissed his sister. I'm supposed to protect, not to seduce her.

Emerald petted the dog and it wagged its tail happily. I realized how caring, sympathetic and loving she was. I knew not only with that dog but to others as well. It was her nature, her personality. 

Honestly, I never expected that from her, since I saw her growing up being so pampered. She was also too loud that everyone would know if she was around. I was wrong thinking that she would grow up the same. 

I heaved a long sigh. But I wished she was still the same spoiled brat girl I knew... so I wouldn't feel this crazy feelings for her right now. 

____

It was five in the afternoon when she started cooking. She had the recipe book on the table as her guide. The dog was with her in the kitchen, sitting on the floor, waiting for her to throw food on him. 

I was in the couch, still working on my laptop. At least I had a bit of progress now. 

"Harry, do you prefer quinoa or brown rice?" Emerald asked.

"I eat anything. Just cook whatever you want to eat." I answered. I knew she was trying to make a good meal, and I appreciated her effort. "I'll get some logs outside."

"Okay." 

Emerald's POV

"Where is he?" I looked at the time in my phone, it was six thirty already and it was getting dark. He'd been gone for more than an hour just to get logs. 

I was done setting up the dinner table with food, wine and candle lights. I made an apple spinach salad, garlic lime chicken tenders and quinoa. I did my best to follow the instructions in the recipes, to make the dishes deliciously and perfectly cooked. 

But where is he now?

I went outside and Archie followed me. It was bright because of the solar lights in each post. I looked for Harry but he was not around.

"Harry? Harry... Where are you?"

Weird imaginations started running inside my mind. What if he'd been attacked by a bear. Or bitten by a rattlesnake. There were many deadly scorpions and spiders in the woods. Fear knotted inside me. Panic like I've never known before welled in my throat.

"Harry!!" I shouted. "Harrrrryyyyyyyy!!!"

"Hey, I'm here." I saw his silhouette moving towards me. 

I was so relieved. The anxiety I felt suddenly mellowed down. "Oh God, you've given me a fright. Where have you been?"

"Near the lake." I saw him clearly as he went inside the concrete gate, carrying logs in one arm. 

"I thought something bad happened to you. I was so worried." I met him halfway.

"Sorry, I don't have my watch with me. I did not notice the time." He stopped in front of me, looking very apologetic. "I got you this." He gave me the flower he hid on his back and put the logs on the ground. 

"Oh..." My heart instantly melted. After getting so worried and freaking out that he was already lying on the ground in the middle of the woods, dead - and now, seeing him so alive with a lovely rose in his hand.

"This is a Ferdinand Pichard, a rare kind of a rose." He said as he stood up, brushing the dust off his hands. 

"It's so beautiful." I was so awed with the rose. Its a striped rose in pink and red colors. The most beautiful thing I've ever seen. The happiness I felt was unmeasurable. It was receiving the most expensive gift. I couldn't help but cry. 

"Are you crying?" The concern in his voice made me cry more.

"Um..." I wiped the tears on my cheeks. I could not control it. "Sorry for being so emotional..."

"Hey." He pulled me slowly towards him, until I was cocooned in his arms. 

I hugged him so tight and cried my heart out. I did not know why I became so vulnerable at that moment. I've known fear, but the fear of losing him... I could not bear. And this wonderful gift he'd brought was overwhelming.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have left you all alone for too long. It won't happen again, I promise you." Harry said in a lower, huskier tone, and caressed my back sensuously. The gentle massage sent current of desire through me. I could feel his lips on my hair, my forehead and down on my cheek.

I lifted my lips and captured his. 

I could feel him freeze.

I was so thirsty for him. I wanted him to move and kiss me with much passion and carnal craving, like he did last night. I ran my hand to his neck, pulling him down. 

"Dammit, Emerald!" He cursed and in one swift motion, he pulled me up in his arms like I was as light as a feather, straddling my legs on his hips. His lips met mine, his tongue thrust inside my mouth to open wide. My calm was shattered as he kissed hungrily.

Oh God... I wanted him this way... to kiss me this way. So wild like he couldn't get enough of me.

**Don't forget to Vote and Share this story to your friends**