Chapter 19

Playlist ♪♫

"If I could be with you in my dreams, I would never wake up." - pinterest.nz/explore/sweet-quotes-for-him

Emerald's POV

I sat up the moment I woke up, stretching my arms above my head as I let out a long yawn. Haaaaaaaa...nomnommm... 

I covered my eyes with my hand as the sunlight blinded my eyes. I remembered I was in the Rose Castle Cottage. I stood up to go to the bathroom when I stepped on something... 

"Oopsss..."

"Aargh!"  Harry groaned.

Shocks! I accidentally stepped on his butt!

"I'm so sorry." I knelt on the floor instantly. He was lying on his stomach and now he rolled over. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, yeah...  I'm fine."

My eyes focused directly at the bulging of his crotch. Shit! I could not stop thinking about it last night. It was really... huge.

I swept my eyes away from it, pretending to ignore it. "Why are you sleeping on the floor?"

"I fell." He remarked with a gloomy sigh. 

He was lying. I knew that he intentionally slept on the floor because he did not want to share the bed with me.

Darn it. I did not know what happened to me last night. I was freaking out like a child. Usually, ghosts don't scare me. And so odd that right now, I was not even sure if I heard that crying sound. Maybe I was only dreaming.

Harry stood up and I did the same. I was suddenly conscious of my appearance. I combed my hair with my fingers then removed the dirt in my eyes. I was bare of makeup, showing my freckled oily face -- like ready to put in a frying pan. While Harry was standing there, looking so hot and handsome in his white shirt and gray sweatpants. 

"I'm going to the warehouse to get us some food. I also have an important instruction to Blake that can't wait. Wanna come with me?"

"Sure! I'll just take a bath..."

"How long will that be?"

"Thirty to forty five minutes?"

His forehead furrowed. "Can you make it ten? Or you can take a bath when we get back."

"Oh, just go. I'll stay here. I have to wash my hair." Taking a bath is important for me. Something that I don't want to rush. 

He nodded. "Okay, I'll be very quick."

"What about breakfast? I thought I'm going to make you one." I remembered offering him my special Gordon Ramsay breakfast recipe. 

"Just make if for lunch. I'll have breakfast at the warehouse."

When Harry left, I locked the door and went back to my room to prepare for a bath. I opened the windows to smell the fresh air, when suddenly, I heard the sound of someone whimpering. 

I stepped back, frightened. I took my phone to call Harry, but I remembered that there was no network coverage in the area. 

The whimpering stopped and I stayed immobile, sitting on bed with my heart beating fast. This is crazy. I can't stay here anymore. 

I stood up to put my things back inside my luggage. I swear, when Harry comes back, I'll ask him for us to leave this place the soonest possible. It's so creepy!

The whimpering started again and it was getting nearer. Slowly, I peeped at the window and I could hear it clearly like it was just down below. I went downstairs with trembling legs... still, I could hear it just outside the door. I listened to it and realized that it was not a human voice. 

I knocked on the door and the voice stopped. After a minute, the whimpering was back again. I repeat the process twice and heard the scratching at the door. 

I opened the door and it confirmed my suspicion.

Harry's POV

I was relieved when finally I arrived at the cottage. All the way to the warehouse, I kept on thinking about Emerald. I shouldn't have left her. I became so worried of her, being all alone in the cottage.

I went out of the Hummer and went directly to the door. I stopped when I noticed some muddy spots on the ground. Where did these came from?

I opened the door and was surprised at what greeted me. A very thin and dirty Springer Spaniel was sitting on the couch.

How the hell did this stray dog get in here?

The dog watched me, his ears flat, head slightly cocked and a vibrating growl deep in his chest.

"Emerald?" I almost shouted, afraid of her safety. Where is she? 

Fear and anxiety running deep inside me. Lord, Jesus. I hope Emerald's okay. 

I moved forward and the dog barked, standing up and getting ready to attack me. Fucking dog. 

"Easy boy... easy..." I said, watching the dog growled, showing it's canine teeth. I looked for something to use as a weapon and saw the logs at the fireplace. My heart was pumping hard as I moved slowly to the fireplace until I got hold of a log. "One wrong move and your dead." I said in gritted teeth to the dog.

"Hi! You're here." I heard Emerald said behind me.

"Step back. Go back upstairs." I ordered, putting a protective arm in front of her.

"Why?"

"This dog is dangerous. It will attack us."

"What are you talking about? Archie is harmless." 

"Archie?"

"Yeah, I named him, Archie." She went towards the couch where the dog was sitting.

"No...no.. don't go near that stray dog. It has rabies."

"Nope. It doesn't have any rabies. He's not sick. He's just hungry and lonely. He must be lost." She sat on the couch, petting the dog's head. The dog snorted happily and sprawled on her lap. 

"Stay away from that dog. Look at that, it's so muddy. Get it out of the house now, Emerald."

"No. Can't you see, he's hungry and cold."

"I don't agree with you. That's a stray dog."

"Yeah, a reason for us to give him a home. Don't be heartless Harry. This dog needs our help."

Fucking shit. What the hell is she doing! 

**Please share this story for more reads**