Chapter 20

*Dedicated to the girls with messy hair and thirsty hearts*

_______

Playlist ♪♫

"The most beautiful thing is to see a person you love smiling. And even more beautiful is knowing that you are the reason behind it." - sayingimages.com/quotes-about-relationship-and-love

Emerald's POV

Archie wagged his tail and watched me with hopeful eyes as I prepared his food - canned sausages and meat loaf, and when I gave it to him, he attacked it with too much enjoyment.  Aww... Poor dog. I pitied him. How long since he had a good meal. His owner must have lost him in the woods. 

After Archie finished eating, I asked Harry's help to give Archie a bath.

"Come, Archie, be a good boy. You need to take a bath." I tried to carry Archie inside the tub but he resisted, afraid of the water.

"This dog really stinks." Harry's nose wrinkled. "We can't have him inside the house if he won't take a bath. Better let him go."

"Don't be heartless, Harry." I looked at him with gentle eyes, asking for a little sympathy for Archie. "Can you please help me get him inside the tub."

"How can I? That dog growls angrily at me every time I come near him."

"Because you're scaring him. He feels that you don't like him."

Harry looked heavenward then shook his head. "He's a grumpy dog."

"Of course not... He's so sweet. Just show him love and care. Make him feel wanted."

"Nah- I don't think so."

I managed to put Archie inside the tub, bathing him while Harry was holding the handheld shower, spraying at Archie. 

"Hey! You're intentionally spraying on me." I said to Harry, when Archie had his final rinse. 

"Of course, not." He said playing innocent. 

I looked at the front of my sundress, sticking on my chest. "You're making me so wet!"

"Really? Well, you need a cold shower for that." Harry chuckled and sprayed water on me. 

"Hey, you pervert! I didn't mean it that way." I stood up and grabbed the hand shower from him, but he held it so high that I could not reach, then aiming the shower on my head. I gasped at the cold water running down my body. "You're so bad!"

Archie got scared and jumped out of the tub, leaving the bathroom. "Archie! Come back here. Look what you've done. You're scaring him."

"I'm not scaring him. He's scared of the water."

I hated how he just stood there looking so gorgeously handsome and boldly intimidating. He loosened his hold of the shower and I immediately grabbed it.

"Whoa..." He raised his palms up towards me. "No... no."

"Gotcha!" I aimed the water at his face. I turned the knob to increase the water pressure and wet his body. "Good for you. HA!" I felt victorious afterwards. 

"Now, I'm so wet!" He exclaimed, taking his shirt off. 

"Oh! So you're the one who needs cooling off." I sprayed on his crotch and saw his eyes gasped in surprise. 

I did not know what drove me to do that. I was suddenly embarrassed. Then I panicked as he came towards me, his eyes raked boldly over me. 

I trembled as his hand gripped my wrist, taking the shower from my hands. Water spraying on us as he placed it back on the wall. I was surprised when he poured shampoo on his hand, then rubbed it on my hair.

"What are you doing?"

"You need a bath, you smell stinky like that dog." He chuckled as he massaged my hair, bubbles were flying all over the bathroom.

We both laughed, then suddenly the laughter died. It was awkward as he continued rubbing my hair down to my neck, my shoulders and arms. I noticed him watching me intently.

I put some bubbles on his chest and rubbed it slowly up to his shoulders. I could feel his breathing became ragged and his touch became aggressive. His eyes held mine, then dropped on my lips. 

"Emerald." He almost whispered.

I held my breath as he put my arms around his neck, drawing me closer to him. My knees were weakened by the quivering of my limbs and my heart thudded noisily within me.

His lips came down and I was ready to meet it with mine. I closed my eyes... waiting.

"This is not a good idea."

I opened my eyes, feeling disappointed. "Why not?"

"Your family. They trust me."

"They will understand." I touched his neck, coaxing him to continue what he started.

He nodded, brushing the tip of his upper lip against mine. "Just one kiss."

I smiled at him and whispered. "Just one kiss."

He angled his head and finally, our lips met. It was like magic. His lips, firm and persuasive, invited more and his tongue sent shivers of desires racing through me. I responded to him eagerly, till his soft gentle kisses became demanding and aggressive. 

"We should stop." He said between kisses.

"Um... yeah." I answered but still clinging on him, kissing him with fervor.

He pushed me gently until I was leaning against the tiled wall. He removed my arms from the circle of his neck and put it above my head, still continued kissing me hungrily.

"I can't stop." He said as his lips transferred on my neck. "Oh God, I have to do this."

Instantly I felt the cold water spraying on us with strong pressure. Rinsing us and cooling our heated body. When I opened my eyes, Harry was leaving the bathroom.

___

During lunch, Harry and I couldn't look at each other. My heart throbbed and my pulses were racing fast. The memory of our kiss lingered in my mind. 

We were very silent eating. I felt bad that the garlic bread was hard as stone, the sausages almost turned to charcoal and the vegetables were saggy and bitter. But Harry did not complain. He continued eating the food that I cooked like it was delicious. 

"You don't have to force yourself from eating the food. I know it's terrible." I said shyly at him. 

"I'm not forcing myself." He answered, looking at me directly for the first time since we sat on the table. 

"I'll do my best to make a good meal tonight." I assured him.

He nodded and smiled, making my body tingled all over. Darn. 

Later, I gave some food to Archie, but sadly, he wouldn't eat any of it.

**Don't forget to Vote**