Chapter 23

**For those who have a messy room and spend most of the time online."

Playlist ♪♫

"Thinking of you keeps me awake. Dreaming of you keeps me asleep. Being with you keeps me alive." - jarofquotes.com

Harry's POV

I woke up early and went for a jog. I could not sleep well last night, I kept on thinking about her. 

"Good morning, your royal highness."

I stopped and turned around to see Walter, the head security assigned to protect me. 

I was losing my track, I never realized that I ran too far already that I almost reached the boundary of the Rose Castle Cottage estate, about ten kilometers away.

Walter was with his team, staying in a cottage near the entrance of the said property. If I had my way, I would not want them around me. But it was a royal protocol, being the next in line king, to be safely guarded 24/7.

"Good morning, Walter."

"We heard barking and growling from the dog last night, sir. Was everything okay?"

"That stupid dog almost bit my leg." I reflected with some bitterness. "Did you radio Blake last night about the dog? How did it get inside the area?"

I met Walter at the lake last night when I was looking for logs. 

"Yes, sir. Blake informed that the dog belonged to an old woman who lived just outside the property. She died of heart attack a month ago. The dog had been roaming inside ever since. They tried to capture it, but it often outsmarted them."

I twisted my lips. "Now, it's inside the cottage and sleeping at Emerald's room."

"What a lucky dog." Walter grinned.

I crossed my arms tightly, thinking of the dog getting cozy inside the house. I don't like that dog. Right now, it's impossible to get rid of it.  

"Blake said that the grapes are ready to harvest. Would you like us to get some for you, sir?"

"No, it's okay. I'll do it myself later." I checked the time on my wrist, it was almost eight in the morning. Emerald is probably awake now. "I've better go back. See you, Walter."

"Have a good day, sir."

I made a salute gesture to him and ran back to the cottage. 

____

The dog was curled on the couch when I entered the cottage. Its head came up, slightly cocked when it saw me. It started to growl angrily but I ignored it. 

What the hell is wrong with this dog?

I went directly to the kitchen where Emerald was. She was facing the wall making breakfast. She looked so cute from her back already, wearing a brown sweater and black tights. 

"Hey."

She immediately turned around. Her face looked so freshly young, flawless and radiant without any makeup on. Actually, she did not need any cosmetics, she was naturally beautiful.

"Hi." She answered shyly, then I saw the sudden reddening of her cheeks. She blushed, made her look more beautiful like a spring's first rose. 

The sexual tension was there, very strong and vibrating on me. Fire ignited every time our eyes met. Every nerve of my body jumping, excited to get closer to her. 

"Did you sleep well?" I reached for a glass behind her and she immediately leaned back against the kitchen counter. I could feel her holding her breath to avoid any physical contact between us.

"Aha." She answered looking up at me with bright eyes. "You?"

"Not really." I went to the sink and poured some tap water in the glass.

"Why?"

Because I kept on thinking about you. I wanted to kick that door open last night and pull you in my arms. I was dying to kiss you again so deeply until I'd leave you breathless and craving for more. I wanted you. All of you. And right now... I'm feeling it again. I mastered the art of self control, but with Emerald, I'm losing it. 

"I kept on thinking about... the government project I'm working on right now." I replied, then drank the whole glass of water. 

She nodded, clasping her hands together. "I woke up so early and did new sketches for the queen's crown this early morning. Wanna see it later?"

"Sure." 

We both turned together and our bodies collided. The mere touch brought sparks in my whole body. 

"Sorry." She stepped back immediately, avoiding my way. Then she turned to the bowl of batter she was working on when I arrived. 

"What are you making?"

"Pancakes. Are you hungry?"

"A bit. But it's okay, I can wait. I'll just take a quick shower first."

___

Later in the afternoon, I showed the grape vineyard to Emerald. We took the hummer and brought a picnic basket with us. Thanks God, she agreed to leave the dog in the house. 

She enjoyed seeing all the grapes. The amazement was shown in her eyes. She was always laughing while picking and eating grapes. "Hmm... so sweet and delicious. I can't get enough of these!"

"You can eat as many as you want." I chuckled.

"Who harvest all of these grapes?" She asked curiously.

"Blake and his men. He's assigned to take care of this estate, as well as the five others in the neighboring areas."

"Wow..."

"They have this fermented and turn to wine. The proceeds go to the monarchy projects. Hospitals, schools, medical missions, charities and other government projects." 

"That's really cool." A smile plastered on her face. "This place is like heaven! It's my first time being in a vineyard."

"Really? Come, I'll show you around." I took the picnic basket with us, as we strolled at the vineyard, talking and laughing. Then we went under a big tree to eat the food we brought and relax.

"I love it here. So peaceful and close to nature..."

"You don't miss New York?"

"Um... Not much at the moment. But being here, I realized that living a simple life can also be better and happier. No pressure from nosy people who often criticizes the things I do and I don't have to look perfect every single moment. No one will care in here." She leaned her back against the big tree, half lying. Her eyes gleamed as she looked into space. "I can be me, the real me."

Her statement surprised me. I moved closer to her. "Hey..." I loomed over her, blocking her face from the sunlight. "You can be yourself wherever you are in this world. Stop minding what other people say."

She inhaled deeply, then forced a smile. "People judge me all the time. Always finding faults..."

I shook my head. "It's not actually about you. It's all about them and their insecurities. No matter what you do, they will always find fault. So, you might as well do what you want. Just be yourself and be happy."

She was silent for a while and just stared at me. Then she said. "You're right. From now on, I'll do that."

"That's my girl." I couldn't help myself, I bent down and captured her lips with mine. Dammit. I was losing my self control again.

*Don't forget to Vote and Share to your friends*