VI •Hello From The Past•

It's now period 5 and I'm sitting in art class, what do I do?
Paint or sketch?
I sit there and contemplate it for a long time, I decide and pull out my sketchbook and start drawing, I start with a face, drawing his sharp jaw line and then his perfect plump lips, I started to zone out but I couldn't stop drawing.

"Miss James? Miss James?!" I felt a soft nudge on my shoulder, I snap out of it and look quickly to my art teacher she is standing behind me, I try to apologize but she holds her hand up in my face but not in a rude way, she smiles wide and looks at me
"May i?" She gestures towards the book I have in my hand, I nod once and hand it to her.

"Why Miss James, this isn't like what you usually draw, it's-" I bite my lip nervously and wait for her to continue, to be honest I hadn't even seen the drawing properly myself "- detailed and accurate, the lines of his face are sharp yet have a softness to him, his eyes tho on the other hand have a sadness to them, he looks, hurt and troubled, what ever or whom ever inspired you to draw this amazing drawing needs to inspire you more often haylee."

She's grinning at me and starts to talk again "For now tho it's 5 minutes to 4pm and I have to go pick my daughter up from day care so I must ask you to pack up" she smiles warmly and hands me back my book, she's closed it so I can slip it into my bag, I say goodbye and leave the room.

I'm at my car and I get in the driver's seat, tossing my bag into the passenger seat, it's 3:59pm and I see Grayson walking across the football field and disappear into the oak trees leaf coverage, my heart is telling me to go, my brain is telling me to go home. I open the door and swing one leg out but I stop, my drawing.

I pull my leg back into the car and shut the door, reaching into my back pack I open up my sketchbook, I flip until I find the newest entry in my book.

Alex?

I scan what I have drawn, every little detail of his face I have seen to capture it in one swift motion, I stare for what seems like hours but in reality I just was too frozen move, I haven't drawn Alex in months.

I feel my jacket pocket vibrating and pull it out, it's Grayson he is ringing me. My heart races and I quickly close my book on the page where Alex's drawn eyes burn into my real one's.

My car is parked far away from the tree but close enough to see Grayson.
I answer the phone
"Hello this is Haylee!" I try to sound as happy as I possibly can.
"Where are you Haylee? You were meant to be here 10 minutes ago, do you not follow orders well?" He is warning me not to push him, I can tell by the tone of his voice but I don't care anymore.

"Oh I'm sorry, I forgot, rain check?" I say sarcasticly and I hear him suck Ina deep breath trying to remain calm
"Oh wait, what was it again? Oh that's right, Stay away from me, sound familiar? Goodbye Gray" I laugh and hang up the phone and start up my car and drive home.

I'm in my drive way and sitting silently in the car. What am I doing with my life?
I grab my bag and open the car door, stepping out I fall a little scraping my hand, cursing loadly I fumble for my keys to get inside.

I head to the bathroom and get the med kit and start fixing up the cut on the palm of my hand. Once I was down I moved all the rubbish into the bin and put away the box, I change clothes and lay in bed, getting up I grab my bag and get out the sketch book one last time and rip out the photo of Alex and pin it amoungst the posters in my room.

I lean back in my desk chair and sigh, sliding back to my table I do homework for the next few hours. I called my Nona to check up on her, she tells me she is doing well and shouldn't be more than four months and will come home when she can, she sends her love but she must go because my cousin Kia is being stupid with the paper work Nona gave her, I laugh lightly and say my goodbyes and send my love.

I go down stairs, make a few things to eat and then I clean up after myself, washing the dishes and wiping down the bench, I had this over whelming sense that someone was watching me.
I pull all the curtains closed and locked the windows and doors, checking everything atleast once.

I switch off all the lights as I head back upstairs, I head to the bathroom and brush my hair back into a high pony tail and wash off the makeup that was on my face from today, bushing my teeth quickly aswell.

I walk into my bedroom and do the last paragraph on my creative writting story for English.

'I breathe in one last time and look around at the familiar place I had once lived in.
I feel a warm embrace from behind me, I can feel the heat vibrate from him, I turn around and look him in the eyes.
Placing my hand against his chest I distance myself from him, he smiles at me but keeps the distance between us.
"Are you ready to go out hazey? Your parents are waiting in the car?"
I look up at him and nod while smiling at him. He is so beautiful he pulls me into a hug and ruffles my hair "come on then slow poke" we pile in the car, everything seems so perfect. Until all I saw was blackness and a faint beeping of a machine in the background'

I stop the story there for now, it's 12am at night and I have to go back to school tomorrow.
I save my work and shut down my laptop and get up stretching, I take off the socks I was wearing and place them into the washing basket in my room.

My eye catches the drawing on my wall and I sigh I walk over to it and place my hand on a empty space on the page careful not to smudge the pencil.

A tear falls down and I leave it there not wanting to stop looking at the lines that has formed his eyes.

"Hazey" My heart sinks to my stomache, I froze immediately.

Slowly I turn around and now we are face to face.

---------------------------------
Ookkay Grayson you moody prick.

What do you think Grayson wants with Haylee, he seemed pretty mad tbh.

Who is the boy in haylee's room? Or should i say man...

-------------------------------------
Hey Guys!

Did you enjoy this chapter?

Vote comment 💜

Ave xx