XIX •New Dress•

CODY'S P.O.V

I lean against my bike and take off my helmet, running my hands roughly through my hair. What a fucking small town.

I Pick up the leather jacket and slide it on while pulling out a packet of smokes, grabbing one out and lighting it I move away from my bike.

My phone buzzes and I check it, 2 messages.

Text Message received at 8:45pm

Grayson Dolan: Hey man, glad to hear your back in town, catch up soon yeah?

Me: Yeah man. For sure.

Text Message received at 8:25pm

Alex Cross: When did your fucked up ass get into town? Drinks on me some time?

Me: Last night. Haha sure if your buying, why not?

I lock my phone and continue walking, down the empty street. Clouds of my smoke creating a trail behind me, I never thought I'd be back here but here I am.

Grayson, Alex and I have been friends since I can remember, one thing always keeps us apart, a girl.

I look at my phone and see it's 3am shit, I have an interview in the morning, stupid parole. I stop in front of a familiar house and that's when I see her, Haylee.

I walk up the stairs to her 3rd Level Balcony and see she's fast asleep, her lips are turning blue and her breathing is short, fuck it's freezing out here. Oh for fuck-

I pick her up and wrap the blanket around her more, she snuggles into My chest and I crack a small smirk. Always falling for the wrong guy, I place her gently into the blankets of her bed and decide to leave her a note. She won't know it was me, but she will find out soon enough.

"See you later Haylee" I whisper in her ear and draw the curtains and close the balcony doors, no one wants to get blinded by the sun in the morning.

I turn on my heal and walk back home, I need sleep so I can get this job tomorrow. I'm not going back to jail again. No way.

--------------------------------------
HAYLEE'S P.O.V

I sit up in my bed with the note still clutched in my hands, I set it down on the bed side table, I walk out of my room and into a study room that's on the second floor and walk in front of the white board.

It's been a week and Grayson has 10pts and Alex has 0pts but to be fair I did blow him off for Grayson so I give him a point. I draw 3 columns on the board using a ruler and black marker and lable the top of them;
Choice 1: Grayson.
Choice 2: Alex.
Choice 3:
I leave choice 3 open for another candidate, you never know, plus these boys have got my head fucked up so bad that adding another guy to the mix doesn't even sound that bad.
I huff and draw tally's for points in the columns and walk out of the room and down into the kitchen.

I decided on making waffles for breakfast, I connect to the wireless speaker in the kitchen and blast "I miss the old u" by black bear and I start to jam out.

I plate up my waffles and sit along the Island bar in the middle of the kitchen and start eating, I hear a knock on the door and I turn the music down.

I see a box on the door step and a single black rose laying on top with a not attached,

Meet me at the garden centre in town, Wear this and don't be late.
7pm sharp.
-C

I pick up the box and flower and close the door behind me still staring at the note, is this person for real?

I open the box and almost died right there, I pull out the dark red dress and place it against me, will this even fit? I check the label and see it's exactly my size, it was paired with dark red velvet high heals.
There is no way I'm not going now, this person has good taste and Style I have to meet them.

New candidate?
------------------------------------
Hey guys!

How are you guys liking the book so far?
Don't forget to vote and comment!

I love you all!

Ave xx