XVIII •I Cant Be Your Hero•

GRAYSON'S P.O.V

I remove Haylee from my grasp and walk out of her room and into my room. I take one last look around the room and pick my bags up off the floor, i hover at her bedroom door way. Placing the bags on the ground and moving towards her i take one last look at her features and lean down slowly, i kiss her forehead and whisper in her ear "You deserve better than this and i'm sorry"

I walk back to my bags at the door and look at her one last time.

"Grayson? What are you doing?" She stirs and lifts her head slightly to look me in the eyes.

"I cant be the guy you want me to be, What if I'm not your hero Haylee, What if I'm the bad guy?" She doesn't look at me at first, good it will be easier that way "Goodbye Haylee" I see a tear roll down her check and she doesn't move a muscle, I turn on my heal but stop when i hear her soft voice.

"Goodbye." It's barely a whisper but its enough, enough to turn whats left of my heart into cold stone. I grab my keys off the mantle and open the door, I stare out into the night air, is this really whats best? Closing the door, i get in the car and drive back home.

----------------------------------------------------------------

HAYLEE P.O.V

My alarm clock blares in my ears and i wake up, groaning. I hit the alarm stopping the stupid noise, i sit up in my bed and look around, the silence surrounds me and for the first time in my life i feel empty and utterly alone.

I move to my door opening it and looking across the hall and my heart sinks to my stomach, i walk into, what you could say would have been Grayson's old room. The walls and the floors are empty not a single items of Grayson's in sight. Frantically checking the draws i find nothingness, not even a single shirt left behind. I sit on his perfectly made bed and wonder what i had done.

I lift myself off of the bed and walk to the door, closing it softly behind me.

My heart hurts and my body aches, I'm alone.

When i breathe its like the earth around me is still, every step and every thought i think is forgotten. There is a difference in the way my body moves, slow, drawn out steps. The reflexes that were once sharp were dull and withdrawn. I draw the curtains to my room and pull back the blankets once more, climbing under its warmth, i pull my knees to my chest, why does this hurt so bad.

There is a hole in my heart again, one i thought, was getting filled. I lay for hours, not a single thought or emotion running through my head or body, i look at my phone and see multiple notifications and messages i learn across and hold the power button off, to shut off, shut out the world and for me to finally shut down.

I sigh, rolling in the bed and finding a more comfortable position and fall asleep.

Is this life worth the wait?

-----------------------------------------------------

2:45am

I wake up and move my way towards the speaker and turn my laptop on, connecting it through blue tooth playing a soft song through it, opening my balcony doors i step out. The harsh winter air hitting my bare legs and shoulders, i sit on the rocking chair once i have gotten my soft black blanket from my bed and start rocking back and forth. I let the tears flow, i'm crying but i dont feel sad, i feel my heart breaking but the pain i feel inside has a firm grip on my soul.

I feel my eyelids get heavy and i yawn 3 times, i let sleep take me, not fighting it anymore.

------------------------------------------------------

8:00 am

I wake up in the comfort of my bed, but how?

i look around the room and notice my doors are closed and the curtains are drawn, did i bring myself back in here? I shake it off and roll over, feeling the crumpling of paper under my hand, i pick it up and read it.

Haylee,

I couldn't leave you out in the cold. Please dont do anything reckless.

Stay safe, Nothing would be the same if something happened to you.

It wasn't signed and i couldn't help but wonder... Who?

--------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!

I had to re upload this chapter due to complications x

What do you think of the book/Chapter so far? Let me know what you think by commenting below.

Dont forget to vote!

I love you all!

Ave xx