Literature

I found my fingers fidgeting already. Jake's right at the back of the room just to see how it goes. Gemma's arm continue to stoke mine every page she flips, and oh damn she does it so much. Hairs on the back of my neck spring out farther every single time she does it. Geez, I can feel my heart punch out my lungs and hit my rib cage. My eyes even blur trying to focus on this one page!

She turned her whole body my way, "are you alright?" I choke up on my own words becoming unable to make a sound. "I mean, it looks like someone's going to kick your ass later?" She said, suspicious of Jake sitting behind us, his head low on his book.

"No it's not that." I said looking back as well. I can tell Jake knew we were talking about him from back there, his eyebrows were up and his shoulders' tense. "He's my friend, he's trying to eavesdrop on us." Jake sudden change to a fury in his eyes caught me by surprise, "His name's Jake..."

"Oh. he looked like he was bothering you the other day."

Suddenly, I was able to become comfortable around her.

'He was, about you.' I wanted to say, but it didn't sound right. I take a second to say something else, "I told him that was a stupid book to spy with." The book was The Little Mermaid, and not the sad version where she dies at the end, no; the version was the 'Disneyfied' story book version.

I just hear Jake's sad whisper behind the book: "It's not stupid..." a weird look flew on Gemma, she heard it too.