Endure

Mrs. Summerville gave us another task. We barely finished the last one, but for some reason torture is fun for her.

Gemma hasn't been at school for a week, I fear the same thing is happening like last time.

She hasn't emailed me back. She might be busy with family stuff again, or she's seriously sick, or she went on holiday —although unlikely — I wish she could tell me... she never does.

I stare at the sheet we're meant to be studying. A solid block is keeping me from focusing, and that solid block is Gemma.

I try to remember the last thing that happened with us.

1) she looked upset at the start of the day — even if it was her birthday. 2) I took her to my spot, she was feeling better. 3) I gave her the present, a million sparks flew everywhere. 4) big sister kiss. 5) usual two finger salute. 6) hug.

I don't get it. I just don't get it.

I'm so sure everything went perfectly.

I call Jake up.

"Sup dude, how's it going?"

"I'm fine." I'm not BTW.

"Man, just tell me." I don't know how he gets that from just 'I'm fine' but I'm glad, I need to tell him.

"Jake, can you help? Gemma's avoiding me, Mrs Summerville is being EXTRA witchy today, and I just need a player two to make me feel better."

"Anything, as long as it means I get to be player two ALL night..."

"Wait, what does that mean?" But too late, he hung up.

________

We play Mario Kart 8 on my Wii U.

"So bro, if you need me to do anything, I'll do it." Jake says casually, "Help with your curse-ed homework, advice with your 'girlfriend', or I can give you a friendly blow-job and you can come in my mouth." He says not even bothering to take focus off the screen.

"..." I don't know why he keeps sending me explicitly-sexually-gay-messages, but he never did it last year. "Uhh... the first two would be nice."

"Man, you don't even know how good I can give it!"

"Who would you have given it to!!!" I say "You're like... only sixteen, JUST. You came back on holiday from the Philippines last month because of your birthday. How are you telling me you found a guy or thing to practice it on?!?"

"I used my dads-."

"HOLY TRUCK NO!"

__________

And in the end, he came out on top....... OF THE LEADERBOARDS. I swear to God he didn't blow me no matter how much he persisted.

On our second round... again in Mario Kart. I gave it to him straight.

"Okay, Jake the closest I'll let you come close to me is by you giving me a back massage Okay!? And when you are don't you DARE try something like sticking your thing into my thing."

Jake dropped his controller and put the game on pause, "Okay take off your shirt, I'm gonna do it now! You're giving me a promise, and if you don't follow along I'll tear them of for ya!" I actually follow along.

Slowly, I take off my shirt.

"HOLY CRAP, YOUR ABS ARE LIKE CONCRETE! I'M SO GLAD YOUR PARENTS AREN'T HERE TO SEE THIS!"

"Shut up..." I say