John Laurens Was A Jealous Lover

We all know Alexander used to describe himself as a jealous lover, but do you know who else was full of envy flavored jelly?

John Laurens.

Whenever he felt slighted he would start being all passive-aggressive on his writing, and he seems to have been jealous of the attention his lovers gave to others.
This behavior is only seen in John's romantic relationships with men and there are three major "conflicts" in which Johnny is being a jealous and passive-aggressive lil' shit.

1- John Laurens And Francis Kinloch: The Breakup (Dun dun DUUUN)

We already spoke about Francis "I broke up with you over a letter right after giving you hope" Kinloch on another chapter so I'm just gonna try to summarize this.

In short Francis and John were having a debate over their opposite political views which eventually led them to break up.

When Francis breaks up with him Laurens' reaction is not a calm one (As we already saw in that letter full of salt and Martha Manning). John held nothing back when writing his next letter to Kinloch two months later. Instead of opening with something cute like "My Dear Kinloch" or "Honey Bun Babe" he skipped the opening part completely and started off being immediately salty af. After that he proceeds to totally roast Kinloch and I'm gonna put that quote again because it's fucking awesome.

''if you please, every infamous Germ that can disgrace Humanity is most luxuriantly developed in your admired form of Government_''

After he literally burns Kinloch alive, we have the closing.

''Adieu_ present my Compliments to any inquiring Friend_ Greet Vegobre kindly in my Name_ and believe me to be as sincerely as a Republican can be to a Royalist Your Friend John Laurens.''

This whole quote it's literally fucking dripping with sarcasm.

So Laurens's response to Kinloch breaking up with him was to go, ''Screw you and everything you love, you're wrong about everything, I don't need you, and I'm going to get a girl to show you how much I don't need you''

Yeah.

John needs help.

2- Hamilton Falls For André like every existing human being on Earth except for Washington and Laurens.

You may already know that literally most of the human population of the 1700's was crushing on John André one way or another because apparently the guy was just way too hot for this world, specially Washington's aides. Except for John Laurens.

So if André was so damn charming and hot then why wasn't Laurens drooling over him like everyone? Easy, because Hamilton was fawning over André instead of Laurens.

The first we see of Laurens' dislike of André shows in 1778, when André threw a party called the Mischianza in honor of General Howe. This was Laurens' reaction, written to his father on May 27, 1778:

In the same Gazette there is a pompous description of the medley of entertainments which the city had given in testimony of their affection for General Howe; they call it a mischianza (pronounce miskiansa) which is an Italian word signifying a medley.