A/N: Rant

So fair warning, I'm pretty pissed.

Holy fuck how much do I HATE IT when people pull fake facts out of there ass just to force a character/figure into the false narrative of them that they have.

Maybe you're wondering what triggered this huge annoyance of mine, because this has bothered me for the longest time but god I'm so done.

So, lately I've seen many people trying to correct the whole "John ADORED turtles!!" myth, AND THAT'S GREAT! I LOVE IT!

And then I stumbled across this.... human being. They had a post, and the intention of that post seemed to be to take all the effort we've made to correct that dumb myth and throw it into the nearest fucking trashcan with a load of bullshit.

Aka, the post wanted to "correct" the "myth" that John "did not love turtles"

And they talked about the commission which we ALL know about at this point, and the they proceeded to talk about how Henry supposedly gave John a turtle when he was a kid and he would draw it all the time therefore he didn't draw turtles just once which is the biggest fucking load of bullshit I've seen in a while.

They put a source at the end to pretend they know what they're talking about, and of course as expected the source only talked about the commission.

WOAH, WHO WOULD'VE THOUGHT!

I asked them were the source for Henry ever giving John a turtle or John drawing turtles constantly were. And they were like "ncjdjsjsnd the source's already there" like no shit, did you read what I as asking for? They send another link and it was,,,, the same shit,,, and I told them so, and they were like "UM NO IT ISNT" to which I told them to check their link if they were so sure. Needless to say they never responded. Oh well.

So I guess it's safe to say that person just felt the need to reaffirm their fucking beloved myth by using fake info. Nice. Fan-fucking-tastic.

And this isn't the only myth in the fandom, of course. There's the Angelica slapped Jefferson myth to make her fit in the feminist trope (when Angelica wasn't really a feminist in real life. But apparently Lin doesn't know how to make a woman strong and independent if it isn't by feminist. Anyhow, that's salt for another day), there's the John was drunk when he slept with Martha myth which,,,, I don't even know what is it for. Maybe to reinforce how John was the wORSE HUSBAND EVAH. Cause we all know John wasn't the best husband, but jfc the shit I've seen people pull out of their ass to make him seem as the absolute WORSE.

But what am I trying to say? Well simple, PEOPLE NEED TO STOP PULLING FAKE FACTS OUT OF THEIR BUTT HOLE

JUST

STOP