Chapter 2

~Sophie POV~

Sky and I are sitting in hay bails just inside the old goat house. The door was open, just enough for us to see out. We hadn't been spotted on the way in, so that's good. All of a sudden, I see my mom walk out.

"Psst. Sky." I whispered.

"What Soph?"

"They're starting. Get ready." I whisper. Next my three possible fathers come down into the courtyard, followed by my two best friends, Ali and Lisa. Eddie, Pepper and the guys showed up next. And last, my aunts, Tanya and Rosie showed up.

"Okay, Soph. On three. 1,2,3!" He whispered as we jumped out and ran into the courtyard.

"Oh my gosh!!" My mom screamed. I ran up and hugged her. "Everybody, we are NOT working today!!" She yelled out as Sky hugged her. My three fathers (one of which is my stepdad, maybe real dad) came out and hugged Sky and I. Ali and Lisa come tackle me, while the guys tackle Sky. "Soph, how did you get here? How did I not find out? Word travels quickly around this island." My mom asks.

"I mean, nobody knew, and the captain of the boat was sworn to secrecy." I say, giggling. My mom hugs me again.

"Gosh I missed your giggle and your presence on this island." She says. I hug her again and run back over to Sky and stand by his side. He grabs my hand and swings it a little.

"Okay, so Soph and I have an announcement." He says, getting everyone's attention.

"Yeah, so, WE ARE GOING TO GET MARRIED!!" I yell.

"FOR REAL THIS TIME!" Sky quickly adds on. Everyone laughs and my mom squeals.

"I knew it! I knew it!" We talk for a while before someone brings up the paternity test.

"So, now that she's back, should we open the envelope and see who Sophie's father is?" Lisa asks, impatiently.

"Yeah, we've been waiting for a year and a half." Ali adds on.

"I'll go get it." Harry says, jogging back up to the house. He comes back a few moments later with an unopened official-looking envelope. "Got it." He says, waving it. My mom takes it as he offers it to her.

"Okay, here goes nothing." She says, opening it. This has the potential to be awkward because Sam and my mom are married, but I could be Bill or Harry's daughter. She pulls the letter out and looks over it. She breaks out in a massive grin. "Soph, you've waited so long to know this, and here it is. Your biological father is......Sam!" She says, happily. Everyone cheers, even Bill and Harry, who are basically my uncles. Sam and I always had a closer, more father-daughter like connection.

"I can't believe I finally know!!!" I say. I hug Sky before running and hugging Sam tightly. "Now I can call you dad and it can be the truth!" I exclaim excitedly. After a couple minutes of hugging and congratulating, we head up to the hotel to sit indoors somewhere. We catch up for hours. Sky and I talk and share photos of our trip, and everyone talks about life on the island. We just laugh and talk for hours, late into the night. Everyone starts to leave to get home and sleep. (A/N For the sake of this story, they all live on the island in houses, except Sky and Sophie because they just moved back) My mom lets Sky and I into my room and we get ready for bed. Once we are in bed, I cuddle close to him.

"How does it feel to be home, baby?" He asks me.

"Really, really good. I've missed the island and everyone on it."

"I'm glad we came back. Exploring the world was fun, but it is nice to settle down after a while." He says. I sigh happily in agreement before speaking again.

"So, what's been troubling you lately?" I ask gently.

"It's nothing." He says, the smile fading from his face.

"It's obviously not nothing. Every time I bring it up, you get more upset. I don't like seeing you upset." I say.

"Okay, fine. I was afraid to tell you this because I didn't know what you'd think."

"Go on." I say.

"So while we were in London, an old friend recognized me. You were with one of your friends from the island who had moved to London, remember?" He says. I nod. "Well my friend asked what my plans for the next few years were. When I told him I needed to find a well-paying job on the island, he offered me a job in London, as a concrete engineer, because he knows it is what I went to college for years ago. I have my degree already. I told him I would need to talk to you about it. The position would require me to be in London for three months a year. That's what's been troubling me. I don't think I could leave you for three months. You are busy enough here, and I don't want to take you from your home for three months every year. I didn't give him an answer saying I would call about it before the new year came. It's only June, so we have time to think. What do you think?"

"Wow. I just...I don't know. I could always come with you, but my mom really needs my help around here. It would be good for us if you took the job, because we could support ourselves and our future family better, but I don't know how I I could deal with being away from you for three months every year. I don't know what to think." I say, a single tear rolling slowly down my cheek at the thought of him leaving for three months every year. He pulls me closer and kisses my forehead lightly.

"Don't worry about it, Soph. We will figure it out, I promise. I love you. Get some sleep." He says.

"I love you too." I say, before letting my self fall asleep.

~~

A/N

IM BAAAAACK!! Sorry, I lost inspiration for this story, and I just wasn't thrilled with the way the first chapter turned out. @BabyDol2001 Thank you for commenting!! I honestly probably would have forgotten entirely about this book without that comment. Anyways, can we talk about the trailer for Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again?? Because I watched it, and I'm pretty sure Donna is dead. Like, they talk about her in the past tense, and she isn't in the trailer. Also, SOPHIE IS PREGNANT?? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Okay, thanks for reading, commenting, and voting!!

❤️~K