Chapter 5

⚠️TW: Panic attack mentions kinda⚠️
Sky POV

Five hours. That's how long the storm lasted. Sophie woke up three hours into it, but stayed in my lap for the whole duration of the storm. Now, the storm has passed and Sophie has calmed down. We all get up and file out the door. Sophie walks next to me, her hand in mine. We go out to see the damage from the storm. Sophie lets go of my hand and wanders off, looking at all the destroyed buildings. I follow close behind her, just in case. She seems very overwhelmed by all the trees that are down and the four or five buildings that are destroyed. A tear slips down Sophie's cheek as she turns to look at me. I open my arms and she comes running into them, wrapping her legs around my torso. I hug her tightly.

"It'll be okay. We'll fix it. It'll be okay, baby. It'll be okay." I say, holding her close. Poor Sophie. It's just been a hard day for her. "Let's go inside Soph. You've had a hard day, baby." I say softly to her. She nods against my shoulder. I carry her in the direction of the hotel, which, thankfully, isn't damaged. I take her up to our room, which is her old room. It's pretty late at night. "Alright Soph. Get ready for bed." I say, setting her down on the bed. She nods, getting up and getting ready for bed. I do the same and we get in bed. I pull her into my arms and we fall asleep.

-the next morning-

I wake up and Sophie is gone. She probably got up and got breakfast. I must've slept super late. I look at the time. It's only 7:00. She doesn't typically get up that early. I wonder where she went. I don't think anyone else would've been awake. I can hear people downstairs so I get up and get ready for the day before heading down to find Sophie. Once I get down there everyone greets me. I smile and greet them all as well.

"Is Sophie still asleep?" Donna asks me.

"No, I thought she was down here." I answer. "She wasn't there when I woke up." I say. "Has anyone seen her today?" I ask, getting a little worried. Everyone shakes their heads. "I've got to go find her." I say, running out of the hotel. I pull out my phone and call her. She doesn't pick up. Great. Donna, Sam, Bill, Harry, Ali, and Lisa all run out after me.

"We'll help you find her." Lisa says.

"Thanks. I hope she's okay." I say, mentally praying she's okay. Ali and Lisa come with me, Donna and Sam go off another direction together, and Bill and Harry walk in another direction as well. I hear them start calling Sophie's name and so I do the same. Ali and Lisa do as well. We run around the island for and hour and a half until the three of us make it to the dock. "Sophie!" I call out loud. Nothing. I look down closer to the dock and see her, lying on the ground. "Sophie?" I ask, running over to her and kneeling next to her. Ali and Lisa gasp loudly. I pick her up and hold her close to me. She's unconscious. But she is still breathing. Thank goodness. "Ali, Lisa! Run and get the others! She's breathing, but she's unconscious!" I tell them. They both nod and sprint off. "Baby? Are you okay? Soph, can you hear me?" I ask an unconscious Sophie, kissing her forehead. No response. I cradle her close to me and thunder crashes in the distance. Great. Just what we need. Another storm is on the way. I pull her closer to me as a cold breeze whips by. I take off the jacket I'm wearing and drape it over Sophie to keep her warm. Everyone comes running over.

"What's wrong?" Sam asks frantically, his arm around Donna, who is almost losing it.

"I don't know. We just found her on the ground. She's not hurt anywhere, visibly at least. She's breathing, but she is unconscious." I say, my own voice quavering. Then the rain starts to fall.

"Let's get her inside!" Sam says, even more frantic now. I hold her tightly and run towards the hotel.

---