Chapter 7

That's Sophie's wedding dress^
~Sophie POV~
-time skip to their wedding-

This is it. This time we are doing it. We are going through with it. Today I will become Sophie Rymand. I haven't talked to Sky about the missing advert I saw around a week ago, I wanted it to wait until after we were married. He told me his parents were dead, but who else would have put out the advert? We aren't going on a honeymoon because we essentially already did when we traveled the world, so we are on Kalokairi for good. I just thought it was better at the time to wait about the missing thing. It's super early in the morning, 5:00 AM, and the wedding is at 7 PM. My mom and my friends, along with Sky's friends have acted on that superstition that Sky and I can't see each other until the wedding. So I didn't really sleep well without him. I woke up frequently through the night and now I can't fall back asleep. I'm very excited and I don't know how I will be able to wait until 7. I decide to just get up and shower now so it's done. After my shower, it's only about 5:15. I just can't seem to pass the time. There's nothing to do. So I double check everything and then just relax on my phone. I actually end up falling back asleep until 9:00. My mom came in at 9:30 with Ali and Lisa to help get me ready.

-time skip to 7 pm-

Finally, the time arrives for me to marry Sky. I am so ready. I'm already crying. Sam, who is preparing to walk me down the aisle, wipes away my tears. I smile.

"Thank you, dad." I say, and he smiles, his eyes also shiny. He smiles.

"I don't know how I am going to give you away, I feel like I've barely even had you as a daughter." He chuckles. I laugh a little.

"I'm not going anywhere, I'm staying right here." (gotta throw in a DEH reference every now and then) I tell him, looking into his eyes. He kisses my forehead and the music starts to play. Everyone stands and Sam leads me down the aisle where Sky awaits, his face beaming with excitement and happiness. I reach him and he grabs my hands, squeezing them gently and looking into my eyes. The priest tells everyone to sit and then starts to officiate the wedding. He's talking, but I get lost in Sky's eyes and he gets lost in mine. I am only shaken out of my thoughts when the priest says my name. I repeat everything, and Sky follows. I hear the words I have been waiting my whole life to hear.

"You may kiss the bride." Sky pulls me into a passionate kiss and the room erupts in cheers. Then they disappear. It's only Sky and me. Nothing else matters. The missing persons report is pushed to the back of my mind, completely forgotten. The only thing I am thinking about is how much I love Sky. I've devoted my life to him now, and he's devoted his life to me. This is the biggest commitment I've ever made. When we pull away, Sky swings me into his arms and runs down the aisle and out of the church. We are both laughing loudly and the crowd is as well, and they slowly file out behind us. We get to where the stairs leading down start, and he stops abruptly, and makes a fake confused face.

"Did you forget about the steps?" I ask, laughing. He nods slowly, and then walks down them, instead of running. I convince him to put me down and he gently sets me down on the next stair. We clasp hands and walk down the rest of the steps in silence, together. We watch the sun slowly dip below the horizon, the sky turning from blue to pink, pink to orange, orange to red, red to a bunch of colors before finally turning the dark navy we recognize as the night sky. Pinpricks of light flick out from every corner of the sky by the time we reach the courtyard and reception setup. The island is so beautiful at night, and that's one of the reasons we decided to do an evening wedding, leading into the night for the reception. It's all been a blur, a big, bright, beautiful blur. The reception kicks into full swing, and laughter must be echoing off this island. I dance with all three of my dads, my mom, and of course, Sky. Everything is perfect. The time for speeches comes and I am the first one to stand. (A/N ya I know the bride and groom don't give speeches but they are going to here so...)

"We've done it! For real this time!" I say, and everyone laughs. "I love you, Sky. I love you so much. Every time we lock eyes and it takes me back to when we first met, on one of the beaches on this island. I was by myself, drawing and singing softly when  he came up behind me and introduced himself. He told me he was trying to find himself, and I knew we had made an instant connection. We were young and sweet, only 17. Five years later and here we are, still inseparable. Since that moment, you've been by my side. You're my partner. Through thick and thin. I love you." I say, and Sky pulls me in for a kiss. He starts talking when we pull away.

"Soph, I don't even know what to say. You coming into my life was the only reason I've found myself. You are me, we are one. I found you, and therefore, I found myself. It's been a wild ride, a wild ride I don't intend on getting off of. We've handled all that life has thrown at us and we will handle whatever comes next. I can't live without you, and I will do anything to help you, to protect you. I love you, baby." He says. We kiss again and our family and friends go crazy. My mom is crying, hopefully tears of joy and not sadness, because I'm not leaving. She previously told me she has been working on her speech and so many of my other friends told me that as well, so maybe her speech will explain the emotions.

----
1090 words- excluding a/n

A/N

Sorry for not updating last week. And for it being late today. I was on vacation and had no time to write last week, and this week I've had to babysit everyday, including this Saturday. Also, I haven't been to a wedding in ages so sorry if anything is inaccurate, but this took me wayyyyyyy too long to write! Hope you enjoy! Thanks for reading, commenting, and voting!

❤️~K